home birth

midnight

Reaction score
hi all hope your all well :) just wanted your opinions and experiences on home births this is baby no 5 for me and my other 4 have all been born in hospital without complications and pretty easy labours to be fair so im 50/50 on a home birth just wanted to hear stories both pros and cons :)

lol sorry i dont have any experience as this is my first but didnt want to read and run! I would definately think about a home birth if i didnt live quite far away from the hospital. Maybe with my second i will think about it .... id love to be able to snuggle up in my own bed after the birth and feel nice and relaxed in my usual surroundings x

All being well I'm having a home birth so I'll let you know! If baby goes over past 21st Nov I won't be allowed one though.

All being well I'm having a home birth so I'll let you know! If baby goes over past 21st Nov I won't be allowed one though.

i really home you go before then so you can get your home birth x

This is my 3rd baby and I really want home birth my last 2 have been hospital births and really long labours so figured this time id rather be at home doing my own thing than stuck in a hospital hooked to a machine in bed!! Plus it will be nice not to have someone else looking after my 2 girls while it happens we will all be at home together. I went home 4 hours after I gave birth last time and the feeling of getting into my own bed next to my husband was great rather than him having to kiss us goodbye only hours after his child has been born so im deffinately in favour of it. All my friends have had home births too and have had wonderfull experiences x

This is my 3rd baby and I really want home birth my last 2 have been hospital births and really long labours so figured this time id rather be at home doing my own thing than stuck in a hospital hooked to a machine in bed!! Plus it will be nice not to have someone else looking after my 2 girls while it happens we will all be at home together. I went home 4 hours after I gave birth last time and the feeling of getting into my own bed next to my husband was great rather than him having to kiss us goodbye only hours after his child has been born so im deffinately in favour of it. All my friends have had home births too and have had wonderfull experiences x

i thought with it being my last i would like to be at home and maybe have a water birth too :) i think im pretty much going to go for the home birth and if i chicken out then i can always go into hospital lol

This is my first and all being well I'll be having a home birth too. I hate hospitals and I don't see birth as a medical thing requiring hospital treatment. I like the idea of being at home in an environment where I am the boss and in control of what happens. Control freak here! :)

I just need to wait for confirmation that LO is heads down - at the mo she's being difficult and mw can't work out how she is lying now :doh: I am just hoping will I know in two weeks time, if not then a scan will settle it.

I really hope I get a midwife who is pro home birth its a bit hit and miss some r really up for it others try put you off but if shes not 100% behind me ill be asking for another one who is. I think hospitals just over complicate labour and try spurring labour on if its taking 'too long' even though there is nothing wrong with mother or baby (which is what happened to me with my first) when your at home it can be as fast or as long as it needs to be and it doesnt really matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back