Anyone had 4 babies?

scarlett1965

Reaction score
Hi
I am 43 yrs old and am 24 weeks pregnant with my fourth baby, a girl, Scarlett Mary. Please can anyone tell me of your experiences with your pregnancies, labours and births if you have had 4 children. Was the birth easier etc?
Many thanks in advance
Tracy

my mum had 4, 1 and 3 were the worse apparently and number 4 took 30 mins!

im on number 7 and my 3rd was the easiest after that they seemed to take aobut the 5-6 hours mark.

Im one of four kids and my mum said No4 shot out like a rocket :rotfl:

Im on baby number 4 now! Hoping labour will be quick and painless! .........
YEAH RIGHT hahahaha
:rotfl:
I have no doubt this labour will be around 6 hours! I might have an epidural though so maybe longer but with less pain! ;)

I'm number 4 out of 5 - my mums labour with me ended in a c-section because i just wouldn't come out! So i guess every experience is different. i think i was just lazy :p

I'm 1 of 5 we were all late except the last one who was a week early. All labors were really short. All pregnancy's were different in symptoms and problems and stuff. :)

my third was the easyiest just about made it to the hospital 5 mins after being there he was born, my 4th was quite easy too 2 hour total labour time (first pain till born) only about 10 mins of pushing and he was born, was painfull but not as painfull as my other labours (if that makes sense)

scarlett1965 said:
Hi
I am 43 yrs old and am 24 weeks pregnant with my fourth baby, a girl, Scarlett Mary. Please can anyone tell me of your experiences with your pregnancies, labours and births if you have had 4 children. Was the birth easier etc?
Many thanks in advance
Tracy

hiya

i had my 4th baby october 2006 exactly 9 years to the day after my 1st baby :) It was a very different pregnancy/birth than the other 3 due to lots of factors so what follows may not be the same for you. :)
I think due to the fact i was 10 years older and it was my 4th baby and she was a BIG baby too (10 pounder) and i had 3 other kids to look after too i had a rough pregnancy (although not as rough as some girls 10 years younger than me LOL). The birth itself was ok. Painful as i had no pain relief (home birth planned).
I had SPD in pregnancy and that made it all the more painful too o i think.
The worse thing i think to MY 4th pregnancy was the recovery after. It took AGES. I had hideous after pains for weeks after and i just felt generally crap :lol: for quite a while after.
I know it sounds a bit extreme but i think i am just getting over the birth and pregnancy now. Im just starting to feel myself again.

What i would recommend is takin it easy throughout the pregnancy but staying active of course but AFTER the birth really resting and taking care of yourself. Coz its your 4th you have the added benefit of experience and possibly a more settled baby becasue of that so take that as an advantage and rest and don't do too much. How old are your other kids?
If they are older get them to help out as much as is reasonable.
if you want my msn then pm me and i will give it you and i can have a chat with you when im on there.

:lol: i hope number 4 comes easier for me after having 3 venthouses i´m hoping this one dosnt get stuck, hoping it just pops out so can stay home, reassuring to know there are others on baby 4. :wave:

Hi Everyone
Many thanks for all your replies. It has given me some insight as to what to expect.
I am 24 weeks pregnant and so far its been a bit rough. because I have had 2 missed m.c's , an ectopic and I lost a twin with Lilli, my 4 yr old, all in the past 4 years so the stress factor has been higher as I have been constantly worried about losing it. I bought a Doppler at 12 weeks and its been my saviour as I can listen to the heartbeat. I used to use it at least once a day but since baby has been kicking I only tend to use it every couple of days.
As far as physical symptoms go I have suffered quite a bit with nausea ( no vomiting) from 6 weeks until 16 weeks! My nipples have been so sore and still are now. Heartburn is my biggest pain at the moment, its constant. I am now 43 yrs old so I suppose I am finding it harder and more tiring. I have also had Fibromyalgia for 5 yrs so that doesn't help!
Previous live pregnancies: A daughter, Alice, aged 21 who is 3 days off giving birth to her son ( very exciting...I am going to be a Granny!). Her labour was 60 hrs long ,weighed 8lb , and needed an episiotomy. A son, Jack, aged 17 yrs, labour of 6 hrs, weighed 8lb 4ozs and again needed an episiotomy, and Lilli, aged 4, labour was 3 hrs, weighed 7lb 8ozs and thank the lord, NO episiotomy.
I have found out we are expecting a little girl who we are naming Scarlett Mary so am very excited as I love girls!
Again many thanks
Tracy x :)

sending you a big hug hug Tracie :hug: you have been through so much in the last few years, I hope this pregnancy starts to get better for you.Congratulations on your daughter soon to give birth, how wonderful for you to have babies growing up together,you will be a very young granny.I´m 37 and feeling a old mum to when i first was pregnant at 26, but i´m also a lot calmer and relaxed i think about this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back