• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3rd Degree Tear

Jess1979

Reaction score
Hello

Was just wondering if anyone else suffered a 3rd degree tear and a lot of blood loss through labour?

I had an episiotomy and still had a third degree tear. Hubby said there was lots of blood but the docs didn't say anything about it. It took a long time to heal but has felt fine for two weeks now.

I did :( six weeks on and still very sore. Not healed yet. How many weeks ago did you give birth mrs k m? X

I will be 6 weeks this wednesday and im still sore. All stitches barring 1 had gone but I think that 1 is still there. I have physio on the 19th but I have no feeling when it comes to trying to do my pelvic floor excersise

I will be 6 weeks this wednesday and im still sore. All stitches barring 1 had gone but I think that 1 is still there. I have physio on the 19th but I have no feeling when it comes to trying to do my pelvic floor excersise

yeah...im 7 weeks this thursday and still sore..very sore. think mine was healing but has opened up again..fed up :( x

Oh just seen you have had. I can do pelvic floor ok and can feel muscles. Can push poos out and stop wee midflow etc. why u having physio Hun?

I had a massive post partum heammorage and I also had a 2nd degree tear (but not a bad one) not really ever felt it tho to be honest!
xxx

Oh just seen you have had. I can do pelvic floor ok and can feel muscles. Can push poos out and stop wee midflow etc. why u having physio Hun?

It really damaged the muscle with what I was told. Carnt stop a wee midflow anymore and as for passing stools that is a problem too.

I carnt really remember much after labour as I was rushed to surgery for 4 hours and was put under a general. They said had they had put the stitches in when I was awake it would have been a mess as the tear was bad.

I lost over a litre of blood with what they could measure and ended up having a transfusion. Im beginning to think I will never be right again.

i know how you feel hon...

i lost 2 litres and ended up having a transfusion too :(

do you ache down there and sting...?

It aches and it does tend to sting. It feels sometimes like there is a pressure. I have slight blood when I pass stools as well.

It does upset me as I have managed to wet myself a few times once in public this weekend. Im going to have to get some pads I think.

I have come to the conclusion that I may never have a love life again with my husband as I feel like a freak :-(

It aches and it does tend to sting. It feels sometimes like there is a pressure. I have slight blood when I pass stools as well.

It does upset me as I have managed to wet myself a few times once in public this weekend. Im going to have to get some pads I think.

I have come to the conclusion that I may never have a love life again with my husband as I feel like a freak :-(

yeah...the pressure thing sounds familiar....i feel also like my pubic bone and the whole area in general is bruised...

i have bled when i had a poo...like it stretched the episiotomy too :(

i realy feel for you with the wetting yourself thing....i am lucky i dont have that issue...although sometimes i cant stop pumps and they just come out!! i often think poos may sneak out too.....that worries me a bit...

i also wonder when i will ever be able to make love again :( xx

Hi ladies - 6 days ago, I had a 3rd degree tear and now have piles on top of it!!! Its slowly getting better but I can't do a pelvic floor and I feel like my bum is permanently 'open'. I have to have physio aswell. I'm so worried that I'll never be able to have sex again or not have an orgasm again. Anybody got anything positive? :-(

I just hope that the physio will help alot. I have been informed by a consultant that if I want another baby then it will have to be a c section. I wish that they would have given me one this time then I wouldn't (fingers crossed) have had half as much problems that I have got now.

I must admit that when I feel like I need a wee or a poo I have to go as there is no way that I can hold it in.

Its nice to chat to someone who is in the boat. My health visitor and doctor is worried that I will get postnatal depression because of the trauma I went through. I darnt even write my labour story.

Last edited:
Hi ladies - 6 days ago, I had a 3rd degree tear and now have piles on top of it!!! Its slowly getting better but I can't do a pelvic floor and I feel like my bum is permanently 'open'. I have to have physio aswell. I'm so worried that I'll never be able to have sex again or not have an orgasm again. Anybody got anything positive? :-(

Hi Danielle

It sounds like you had a bad tiem like me. I go to physio on the 19th and im hoping that this will help. Do you have a habit of wetting yourself? Im currently goingthrough this stage when I sneeze or when I have the urge to go I have to go.

I carnt do the pelvic floor either. Im trying my best but as I carnt feel it not sure if im doing it right

I'm more the other way. If I need a poo, its like 'run, its coming!'. Although I am on fibrogel and lactolose to soften stools. Are we going to be like this forever? I can't even imagine having sex again. I had a look down there for the first time yesterday and its just like a ridge of skin going through the middle. I've googles 3rd degree tears but they just scare me even more! Do you still get pain 6 weeks on? I was in theatre for an hour and a half after birth. :-( x

I'm more the other way. If I need a poo, its like 'run, its coming!'. Although I am on fibrogel and lactolose to soften stools. Are we going to be like this forever? I can't even imagine having sex again. I had a look down there for the first time yesterday and its just like a ridge of skin going through the middle. I've googles 3rd degree tears but they just scare me even more! Do you still get pain 6 weeks on? I was in theatre for an hour and a half after birth. :-( x

The doctor took me off the Fibrogel and Lactolose a week after getting out of the hospital now I dread going to the loo as it feels like im being split in two. The pain is bad.

I started bleeding yesturday which I thought it was probley a period but now im not so sure as im in pain today and finding it hard to sit down. It feels like im having spasms down below it horrible. The blood is worrying me so I think I will have to go to the doctor.

I was in surgery for 4 hour's with what my husband and sister said but I carnt remember anything as I was knocked out as the epidural and spinal tap failed to work. I lost those 4 hours of time with my son.

I had a 3rd degree tear and it was achey for a while for me I never had physio as never had a problem controlling myself but I did used to have some blood passing stools. I found lactulose worked and took for a good few months you can buy it in boots or get it from your doctor as a repeat prescription I got told!!! Fresh orange juice and fruit can help make it softer to go!

I also took arnica and st johns wort as they promote inside healing and don't know if tr was coincidence but it started to feel better.

It took me about 6 mths to Dtd with oh but take it gently and slowly!!!

I'm now pg with no 2 and am worried it will happen again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back