Tips for having my first

Lilelephant

Reaction score
Poo lol I was given lactulose from hospital and have been taking that to soften lol! I haven't been yet so I know i will need to in the next day or so lol I am terrified! I had a 3rd degree tear and epiostomy! Help

I was also terrified after an episiotamy, everyone telling me 'wait until you poo' didn't help either! I wasn't given anything at all and went when Jack was around 5 days old. TBH it didn't hurt me at all but then neither did my stitches after the epidural or the 4 wounds I had after having my gall bladder removed 4 months later so I giess I just heal well! The only thing I can say is relax and defo DON'T PUSH!!!! x

I had an episiotomy too and went about 3 days after birth. The hospital didn't give me anything either but I agree with Claire, just relax and don't push. It didn't hurt me at all to go. Going for a wee was worse!

^^^ wss

going for a wee was so much worse!

I went it was a bit ouchie but atleast it's done yey.

Having a wee doesnt hurt at all

A folded over pad pressed around the area is helpful & try not to push too hard

:)

Or lean over when sat on the toilet so you're practically doing a headstand on your bathroom floor! Sounds and looks silly I know but it was the greatest relief not feeling like you've been set on fire every time you go for a wee :) x

I wasnt given anything from hospital for this either. It is a scary thought but honestly, just relax and I agree with putting a pad or tissue on the area helps. I had an episiotomy and tore too x

Just to report I had my 2nd poo and didn't hurt at all this time yey! Normal pooing has recommenced lol

I was absolutely terrified of my first poo and I only had a first degree tear :roll:
TMI but fortunately for me it came out quite soft and quick lol. I developed piles 2 days after giving birth so pooing got even more scary for me but it wasn't ever painful. Although I had one yesterday and it hurt a little bit even though the piles went about 2 weeks ago. Whatever you do just don't push/strain too hard :) xxx

Omg I think I shouldn't have taken the lactulose I now have cow pat poos Which sting and r a bitch to wipe lol tmi! Lol yey for baby wipes and the shower! :blush: it stinks lol

I wasn't allowed out of hospital till I'd had a poo after my 3rd degree tear! The only thing I can say is just be careful and don't really strain just gentle!a midwife told me it might help to put toilet roll and your hand there to help make it that bit easier on you with it coming out. Sorry for the tmi.

By the way you might think you don't need the lactulose but keep taking it as I did this and ended up in tears!!! It was around the time my stitches were coming out too!!!

I was given lactulose and boy did I need it. Didn't go toilet till about 3 days later but was also scared for some reason of taking it. Omg it hurt like anything. Took lactulose and helped after a few days was scared to go Loo now everything is fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back