• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3d scan or not?

mrs v

Reaction score
Would just like your opinions please, I always said we would have a 3d scan at 27weeks, I haven't booked it yet and speaking to some people they have said they wouldn't have it done. We are team yellow so it wouldn't to find out the sex, more to see how baby has progressed.and see him/her.

What do you think?

Personally, I dont like the look of babies on those scans. They look like ugly gremlins. And I can think of much more important things to spends £100 or whatever it costs on when I'm expecting a baby. So for those reasons I won't be having one.

That's exactly what other people have said, and yes £130 is a lot of money. Thanks for your thoughts, I def need to think about it more, hubby isn't bothered, hmmm decisions

When i have another this will be something i will certainly have. I was going to have one with my LO but thought the same about the £100 being used for something else.

However it is a massive bonding tool and as i struggled to bond with my LO i think this may have helped. Obviously you can bond perfectly without the scan but its something to add to the pros list :)

Im still questioning this aswell...i really want one but its the money thats putting me off it...OH says its upto me tho :) xx

We've got ours booked for fathers day when I'll be 28 + 1, had them done with both of my other children and think its an amazing bonding experience especially for dads :):)

We'll get a 32 week scan (all women do at the hospital I am with) so we won;t bother with any more scans.

However if we didn't get the extra scan then I'd consider a private one.

I hate the 3d / 4d one's though - I find them really creepy and eerie - no offence to anyone that has had one of these done!

xxxxxxxxxxx

My mum paid for a gender scan as a surprise for me and oh (we don't have much money and at 20w scan they weren't 100% sure on the sex). As part of it they let u see baby in 4d too as well as give u 3d pics. It was the most amazing experience ever and I'm so thankful my mum did it for us. Our baby is gorgeous, not gremlin or alien like lol she looks like a proper little baby and u cn see her features so clearly and see she has her daddys shape of face. Yes there are both pros and cons but if u are able to afford it I'd def reccommend it based on my own lovely experience xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Im going to look into it just now...i think its £119 for the 3d/4d scan here. If i dont get it done,il prob regret it lol xx

If u get a gender scan with babybond hun they do the 4d too and its only £80 I think. She had it on for ages xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

when I was pregnant with my son they wouldn't tell you the sex in the area we lived in so for Xmas (I was 27weeks then) DH payed for a sexing scan for me, it wasn't meant to be a 3D scan, but the lady doing the scan switched on the 3D scanner while we where there and showed us our lil man and even gave us a 3D photo that we hadn't paid for, lol.

When pregnant with my daughter, we were told the sex a the 20 week scan, but I wanted the 3D scan anyway, so we had one done, with a 15min DVD and 4 photos printed, but about 30 photos on disc for you to print yourself. My little madam didn't behave well for it and constantly had her arm over her face , I was sent for a walk etc to see if she would move, but no - so all her face pics have her arm over half her face, lol. Was a bit disappointed with it tbh - The quality wasn't as good as the ones they show you for examples and probably wouldn't do it for the next one :)

Me & OH had the same dilemma a few weeks ago about whether or not to have a 4d scan done..
But, as money is tight, we decided that the £100 could be used more wisely..
We know we're expecting a little boy and that he's healthy so it would just to be seeing him again
but I do think I'll probably regret not getting it done!
I think that if you've got that disposable income, go ahead + do it :D xx

i had a 4d scan done at 26 weeks and would recommend it ,it is fascinating to see your baby in this way although afterwards i did feel a little bad as i felt i invaded her privacy lol but it is a great experience and my baby never looked like an ugly gremlin she is beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt have one as i couldnt afford it but the pics i have seen that far on are amazing xxx

I am still debating what to do about that.
I had over 12 scans by now and I will have probably like 10 more until term. The most important thing for me is that the baby is healthy.
I somehow don't feel the urge to see how she looks like? I don't even have a profile picture of her yet as every time LO is not in a nice position for that :roll:
I think my mum is more excited for me to go get a 3D scan lol as she want to see how the baby looks like...
I will have to think about that a little more...

If I had another baby I def def would not get one as, like carnat, I find them quite eerie and weird. Plus, in a weird hypocritical way as I found out the gender both times, I'd want to keep what baby looks like as a 'surprise'. Plus they're expensive and I could find so many other things to spend that money on for the baby!

I was all for getting one until i thought about it and realised that it would spoil the surprise of what she will look like and i want to wait until i see her in the flesh and also they are so much money and OH says he wouldnt pay it, plus im having another scan at 32 weeks anyway so will get to see her again xxx

We had one at 30 weeks and I'd do it again next time, it was incredible watching her little expressions and really helped daddy to bond. She will get her dvd and pics when she is older, personally I would reccomend, here is one of her, pics

I thought it was beautiful :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338215777414.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338215777414.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 26
And it didn't spoil the supriise of what she looked like as she changed dramatically in 10 weeks lol, I was more excited.about her little hands and feet etc. Plus they measure baby and check everything is growing right and tell u their rough weight, so exciting :) x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

I had a good old debate and decided I could put the £130 to better use for the baby and also the baby does look really weird on to according to my sister. She had one don.e

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back