32 week scan?

MrsH_

Reaction score
hi girls just wondered if you could help me

i forgot to ask my midwife the other day but alot of pregnant ladies i know at the moment are all getting a 32 week scan but they have had low risk pregnancies..

and a girl at work said its a new thing their doing but ive never heard of it

i just wondered if it was different depending what area you are from or what hospital your with

It's a growth scan hun and everyone gets one.

I thought you only got your 12 week and 20 week but you also get 32 week as well to make sure bub is cooking nicely!

xxxxxxx

ohh thanks :)
i didnt know that.. i thought you only got 2 scans too

xxxx

We only get a 12 weeks and 20 week scan at our local hospital, ony get a 32 weeks scan if midiwfe is concerned, however the one i work at which is supposedly merging with my local hospital and they are offering the 32 week scan x

it is a new thing that is barely in action yet I don't see it taking off much what with the cut backs. I had a whale of time as clinic today they said they were snowed under and were short staffed.... I get one as I am high risk and I have had 5 scans already x I also get one at 36 weeks too x

I think u only get a scan at 32 weeks if u have a high bmi!! Over 30! Mine is 32 so I have to have a gtt and get another scan at 32 weeks :) good for me but not so good for the healthy mums that arnt fat!!!

At my hospital we get a scan at 10, 12, 20 and 32 weeks then (I think) at 34, 36, 38 and 40 if need be xxxx

My BMI is 22 and I've been told it's routine and everyone gets a 32 week scan? I am low risk at the moment as well and plan to use the birthing centre as opposed to the Labour Ward.

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Maybe! Or maybe area?? Everywhere is sooo different xxx

At my hospital we get a scan at 10, 12, 20 and 32 weeks then (I think) at 34, 36, 38 and 40 if need be xxxx

Blimey - is this NHS?

xxxxxx

Yea it's nhs! And so far I've actually had scans at 7, 10, 12 and 18 weeks with my 20 week scan in 2 weeks. However the 7 and 18 week ones were due to spotting. My hospital is great, especially the early pregnancy unit. Can't fault them at all xxxx

they generally do growth scans once every four weeks from 28 weeks so 28, 32, 36 then you give birth after 40 x

they generally do growth scans once every four weeks from 28 weeks so 28, 32, 36 then you give birth after 40 x

Yea that's what mine do after the 32 one I think! Couldn't remember if it was every 2 weeks or every 4 lol xxxx

I think I remember something about a 32wk scan being mentioned to me.
I'm pretty sure I have the date for it already too (just can't be bothered looking at my appt card lol) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

oo i hope i do get a 32 week scan then il just keep asking!

I don't get one at the hospital im going to It all depends on which trust it is I think! Not all the trusts are doing them for everyone

My BMI is 22 and I've been told it's routine and everyone gets a 32 week scan? I am low risk at the moment as well and plan to use the birthing centre as opposed to the Labour Ward.

xxxxxxx

Yes it is routine hun nothing to do with your bmi :) its just some of us are lucky enough to be with a hospital that has started doing them! I have got mine on Friday, and I am low risk and have had a complication free pregnancy :) x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back