Raspberry Leaf Tea

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by jcox, Feb 13, 2012.

1. jcox

jcox Well-Known Member

Happy Monday everyone!

I know there have been lots of posts about RLT but just wanted to ask some advice.

I've heard RLT is good to take from 32 weeks. I'm 33 weeks tomorrow but I asked midwife at 32 week check and she said not to take till 36 weeks?

Seems a bit late to me, but obviously midwives know best! Just wondered what other people's midwives have suggested?

Thanks xxxx

2. wannabmummy

wannabmummy Well-Known Member

I'm a midwife and I started taking my RLT at 32 weeks. Only 1 a day, will up to 2 a day at 33 weeks :) xx

3. jcox

jcox Well-Known Member

Ok cool, thank you!xx

4. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

The main study on the effectiveness of rlt examined women who took it from 32 weeks, and showed no adverse effects on morther or baby

but there has actually been next to no reasearch done on the best time to take it, or the most effective dosage to use.

The study actually only shows it shortened the second stage of labour by an average of 9mins, and a lower rate of forcep delivery.

5. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

lol that alone is enough reason for me hun. ive been taking it since 32 weeks and it hasnt made me pop or changed anything that i can tell

6. Esperanza84

Esperanza84 Well-Known Member

My midwife also said it was okay to take from 32 weeks. If you get really strong bh you could just take a break and than start again at 36 weeks.

xx