3 year old british girl abducted in Portugal

I'm checking the news all the time too.

I don't feel it's right for me to put my views here on them leaving the children alone, if anyone knows what a terrible mistake it was, it's them, they don't need me to say.

I keep checking the news too, it is so awful. I keep hugging Emma really tight, I don't know how those poor parents can cope without their little girl and the thoughts of what might be happening to her are just too horrendous :cry: :cry:

well they are saying the person holding madeleine could be british.
i think they are closing in on the person and shes going to be found soon!
i just have that feeling. i hope im right

whats everyone elses hunches about this?

budge said:
well they are saying the person holding madeleine could be british.
i think they are closing in on the person and shes going to be found soon!
i just have that feeling. i hope im right

whats everyone elses hunches about this?

I hope to god you're right Budge, but the longer this goes on, the less chance they have.
I've just been reading her mother's plea to the kidnapper not to hurt her, I'm crying as I write......

:pray: :pray:

Hope you are right budge, i just have an awful feeling this little girl won't be found. I hate to sound pesimistic but i agree with Sammystar the longer it goes on the less chance they have of finding her. One witness reckons they saw a man fleeing with a little girl...but they only saw the back of his head. I read in one paper that this kidnapper would have had easy chance to have fled the 90 minute drive to spain leaving the country unchecked because the police were slow to act on her dissapearance.

I was in tears this afternoon for these parents, i don't know what i would do if anything like this happened to our family....i don't think i could go on. :cry: :cry:

I only found out about this last night. The tellys hardly on these days.

Am I right in thinking that the parents left their 2 children alone in the appartment and went for a meal??? :shock: and thats when the little girl was taken??

I agree with you Urchin. Everytime I see the mother and father together and the look of anguish on thier faces I cry for them. I cannot imagine what they are gong through and i pray I never have to go through it.

I hope she is found safe and well and soon.

I think there's something else going on here and we're not being told the full story :think:

I hope she'll be found safe of course but hope must be fading :(

Minxy said:
I think there's something else going on here and we're not being told the full story :think:

they are looking into a british abductor :think:

Broadcaster RTP interviewed Barra da Costa, a former inspector in the Judicial Police, PJ, who said that sources within the force believed that Madeleine's abductor could be from the UK.

He said that contacts in the investigation team had told him that a working description detectives are using suggested someone of English appearance.

Even beyond that though, the whole set-up is odd.

The media keep throwing 'alleged' in front of everything. A British abductor wouldn't be so unusual on a holiday park would it? And if it were planned they'd have ways to get out the country.

I just feel like they may have an idea who it is, like they could be known to the family or something :think:

werent there 2 children asleep in that appartment? If so its odd that they didnt take both children :?

I am absolutely convinced it is someone they know. As I said in a previous post the poilice are normally very reluctant to finance things and the fact that they sent liaison officers from leics police over a few days ago to investigate makes me think they know a lot more than they are letting on. Having said that it doesn't matter that the media and us don't know especially if it might hinder the investigation to release details. But to me it seems very likely they know the person. Isn't it in most cases of abduction and sexual assault (not that I am suggesting that) that the victims generally know their attacker?

This is a very sad story, i hope they find her soon!

Just watched "press conference" on Sky News, it kept being delayed and when it eventually was on live, 2 hours late there wasnt much said other than the Portugese police were doing everything they could.... I dont think we are hearing everything either, maybe they have a suspect but dont want to release details for fear of frightening the suspect?? My first thought was a woman/couple who have taken her who want a child and were desperate....now I am not so sure..

I cant imagine what the parents are feeling, and I am sure that once there is a resolve to this-either good :pray: or bad :cry: the parents will be in for massive critisisim (sp?) from the media :(

I just pray she is returned safe very soon, it broke my heart to hear her mummy pleading for them not to hurt her :cry: :hug:

I keep checking the news hoping that it will say she is back with her family safe and well but not happened so far i just hope it happens and soon.i get so upset watching it such a sad thing that no parent would everwant to go through.

Another thing on the conference tonight there still not saying that it has been a definate kidnap ? i would of thought they would of known if it was or wasnt by now esp as yesterday they was saying the net was closing in on the suspect.

Urchin said:
I'm checking the news all the time too.

I don't feel it's right for me to put my views here on them leaving the children alone, if anyone knows what a terrible mistake it was, it's them, they don't need me to say.

thats right, i think they will feel guilty enough and it is something they may have to live with for the rest of their lives.

[quote="Sam&Alice
they are looking into a british abductor :think:

yeah thats what they are saying!
they say due to the clothes the suspect was wearing they suspect they were british :roll: how absurd!
are we to assume they were wearing hankercheifs on their head and carrying a stripy deck chair then :roll:

if i were those paretns i would be going stir crazy with those thick police force! i mean my god they have only just issued what clothes the girl was wearing!!! 4 days gone! in england that would be the first thing they would issue!!! :x

WAKE UP

that poor little girl, Id have to be sedated if anyone dared to abduct Jamie
my heart goes out to the parents but they should never have left their babies imo :cry: :cry: :cry:

oh god, it gets worse

Detectives probing the disappearance of three-year-old Madeleine McCann are investigating British paedophiles with links to the Algarve, it has been claimed.

the poor little princess, and her poor parents :hug: :cry:

everything just seems to be taking so long to get moving over there.

aparantly there has been a sighting of a girl matching maddies description in a nearby town! road blocks have been put up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back