3 month old will not let me put her down

Sera-tonin

Reaction score
My 3 month old will not let me put her down in the afternoon. When I do put her down she wakes up almost immediately. She has to nap in my arms. I am not sure what to do. Help...

Not sure if its the 'right' answer but I put Tomos in his sling so I can get on with some jobs. He'll only nap for about 30mins to an hour in the afternoon but at least I can do stuff as he's very clingy - my fault for spoiling him too much with cuddles I suppose. xxxx

Have you tried putting her down while she's awake and just sitting with her until she drops off? I found moving Lizzie while she was asleep made her throw her arms about and this would wake her up.
If Lizzie won't go to sleep without being held then I wrap her in a really thick blanket first, with her arms swaddled tight so when I go to put her down she doesn't notice so much as she's still warm and cosy :)
Hope you find a solution hun

Tough love I'm afraid!

Jake did this for a while and it was a case of settling him in his cot and going back every time he cried and resettling him as many times as it took. He soon got used to it and will now go down in his cot for all naps.

He sleeps for half an hour in the morning and afternoon and for 2 1/2 hours over lunchtime. He wakes a few times during his lunchtime nap and needs settling as he can't settle himself yet, but is generally getting better as time goes on.​

Gosh, my baby is the same! I dont complain because he does sleep 10 hours on a night and always settles himself at night but in the day when hes tired he cries and i have to cuddle him to sleep and if i cuddke him he will have an hour or more but when i put him down he wakes 5 to 10 min later and thars it so cant get anything done either! He has only been like this last few weeks, could they be playing us? its so hard though! (sorry one hand typing) littke one asleeo now xx

i swaddle her at night, and have recently been putting her in the carrier during the day - we have also tried swaddling her for her afternoon nap which has made a difference :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back