He wont let me put him down!

star fish

Reaction score
I'm in the house on my own and the baby has decided he can't be put down without screaming! I have fed him repetedly and he falls asleep afterwards but the moment I lift him off my lap he wakes up again and starts crying. I'm typing this with him on me, I have had to eat with one hand and can't go to the loo! I dont think I can do that with a baby in my arms!

Would be awful if i put him down and let him scream whilst i pee?

My lo used to do the same. I didnt have another choice but to put him.down and go to the loo

sent from my Galaxy s2

He just wants/needs to be close to you. He's just been born! The world is a bright n scary, loud place. He needs his mum to hold him close, to hear your heartbeat and to feel safe!

It is hard work, and it is draining, esp when you're tired. But, honestly, make the most of it and enjoy him.

xxxxx

Put him down to go to the loo hun, I was told to do the same with Grace when she was a newborn. She didn't like to be put down either and she still doesn't now, we have to rock her to sleep in her bouncer if we put her down. In fact it was the first time today when she lay down on her play mat on her own for well over an hour!

Letting your baby cry for a few minutes while you go to the toilet is completely acceptable, you shouldn't let baby stop you from doing normal things, you must take care of yourself too!!! I sometimes have to let Grace cry if I'm making her a bottle, I can't hold her and make a bottle.

Baby's are new to the world and they cry because they fear for their safety, he doesn't have a clue! Does he have a bouncer or a rocker? If he does, put him down in that and keep your hand on his chest, do this for a few times throughout the day so he understands it's okay to be out of mummy's arms because she'll still be around to look out for him. Enjoy the cuddles as well though! xxx

Def put him down to go to the loo Hun! Do u have a bouncer or rocker or swing or anything u can pop him in? Xx

Put him down to go to the loo hun, I was told to do the same with Grace when she was a newborn. She didn't like to be put down either and she still doesn't now, we have to rock her to sleep in her bouncer if we put her down. In fact it was the first time today when she lay down on her play mat on her own for well over an hour!

Letting your baby cry for a few minutes while you go to the toilet is completely acceptable, you shouldn't let baby stop you from doing normal things, you must take care of yourself too!!! I sometimes have to let Grace cry if I'm making her a bottle, I can't hold her and make a bottle.

Baby's are new to the world and they cry because they fear for their safety, he doesn't have a clue! Does he have a bouncer or a rocker? If he does, put him down in that and keep your hand on his chest, do this for a few times throughout the day so he understands it's okay to be out of mummy's arms because she'll still be around to look out for him. Enjoy the cuddles as well though! xxx

Great bit of advice there put him down as often as u can and sit with him and stroke his face or rub his tummy.. It's hard to break a clingy baby out of the habit but it will benefit u both in the long run.. If he gets hysterical pick him up to soothe him then put him down and try again
It's very tiring and stressful but honestly the younger the better.. I've learnt to put baby down as often as possible I hardly hold lilyanna at all and she's the happiest baby I've ever known!! Jaycee was terrible for wanting to be held all the time even when she was two and everything was a struggle especially nursery!!! I used to have to let her hold my arm in her pushchair imagine how hard that is!! So many people think its so bad to not cuddle your baby 24/7 and say its harmful to let them self settle.. Absolute rubbish! Break the habit while u can babe it will only get worse! People can disagree all they like with me but my baby is so happy and content I know it's fine! I can't stress enough how hard it was with Jaycee I was in tears every day and night..x

Last edited:
Have you thought about getting a sling? A moby wrap ( or similar) is great as you can get things done while baby is all snug and happy. I still use mine now and can easily wee with him in it!

I agree a sling is great and my LO loved his swing chair when he was first born x

If my baby is having a particularly bad crying sesh and I can't put him down I take off my top and place it between me and him wait till he drops off then put him down, he shuffles about for a bit but my scent is still there so he's kind of fooled into thinking I'm still there! Worth a shot xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back