2nd Time Around

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Well, as the title says I'm on number 2 and am slightly concerned about labour and birth this time...

My labour with Cesca was pretty quick, but awful.

I started having contractions at 3ish on the Wednesday afternoon, reached 4cms at around 11 Thursday morning and Francesca was born at 1:36 Thursday afternoon...

However, I had a back to back labour with NO break between contractions once I got to 2cms :( My contractions literally moved from the front to the back and back again for hours... It was awful!

I found giving birth itself a very thrilling experience and actually quite enjoyed it :)

But... I suffered a third degree starburst tear with 1400ml blood loss and spent 4 1/2 hours under general anaesthetic being stitched back up.

From your experience, or generally hearing about the 2nd time around... Do you think I'm going to have such a rotten time of it this time?

I'm also concerned about my tear from Cesca reopening as it will only be 19months since I gave birth first time round, and I still now get the odd pain from my tear :/

Opinions? Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry using TapaTalk

I can't speak from experience but my sister said her second birth was a lot quicker and more straight forward xxx

Hiya. This birth will probably be easier :)

As for your tear, try perineal massage. Lots of women find it helps. If you google it, it will show you how to do it.

I had 3 rd deg first time, had 2 more babies, 2 Nd deg tears. Try not to worry but I found the perineal massage very helpful as scar tissue can make things a bit more rigid, the idea of it is it helps soften the tissue down there from stitches etc. I did mine in the bath too.

Have you thought about using water in labour? It can help too.

I did briefly consider a water birth, but much as I know water helps with contraction (I basically lived in the bath during previous labour) the idea freaks me out a bit... Lol

I'll definitely give perineal massage a go... I mean, it can't make it any worse can it! Lol

Thank you xx

Sent from my BlackBerry using TapaTalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back