2nd time mums

lisa282

Reaction score
For those BTDT mums, who had a tear or episiotomy with your first baby, did you tear again with your 2nd or subsequent babies? I had a 2nd degree tear with my first which was quite extensive, almost front to back. Had no problems with it or the stitches really and healed up well, but just wondering what your experiences were like with 2nd labours. I've no fear of it happening again, but am a little scared of doing some damage if it's any worse than last time, particularly as your subsequent babies generally get bigger and come quicker. Has anybody else been through this? Thanks girls x

My 1st baby was my smallest at 6lb 11oz and I tore, not really bad but I still had quite a few stitches. My 2nd and 3rd were 8lb 11oz and 9lb 5oz and number 3 was born really quick but I never had a single stitch or graze with either of them :D

I tore with DD1 and had stitches. With DS I had to have a ventouse delivery so I'm not actually sure if I was cut or tore coz I was a bit out of it by then, again healled no problem so fingers crossed I wont get any with this one!

With DD (baby number 1) I was cut and I tore past the cut. She was 10lbs 10oz

With DS (baby number 2) I was cut but the damage was not as bad as with DD. I healed quicker with DS and it wasn't as painful to recover from. I also had ventouse and forceps with him. He was 10lbs 1oz

With DD1 I had an episiotomy but tore really badly internal when the removed my placenta... I had around 20-30 stitches.

With DD2, I tore by my urethra... but only had 3 stitches, but its location made it 1000x more painful... :shock: especially peeing :cry:

With my first, I was cut and still tore I had 12 stitches (I think?)
With my second I tore and had 3-4 stitches so not as bad but with my third, I was cut and tore and had about 12 stitches again?

1st was 7lb 10 i tore 2nd was 8lb7 and was fine only had 1 graze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back