2nd pregnancy - braxton hicks

PinkPunch

Reaction score
My braxton hicks have been quite strong over the last few days and I just want to ask if that's normal? I've had a tummy bug so maybe the dehydration is bringing them on but every night and sometimes during the day, it will get so tight that I need to almost breathe through it. They are not too sore but can feel like period pains.

I had these quite early on with my first baby and read that with the second, they are stronger so I'm hoping that's all it is. What have you experienced with your second? Are your bh stronger? Hoping someone can put my mind at ease!

Hi Pink Punch!

I didn't get them at all with my first and second babies, then from 20 weeks loads with my third, and this time , they are def way stronger , and happen everytime I get up or walk , (movement basically). They are stronger although still don't hurt, just more uncomfy and make me feel like I need to go for a pee bigtime! (Not great when your swimming! and you get out to find you don't need it at all!).

I would say tho if I havn't drunk enougth water, they are stronger! So get your self back hydrated and they should calm a little.

Nice to see you on here tho, I have hardly seen you lately , how is your bumpage doing?

Bumps doing well, it weighs almost 3lb! So growing nicely. I'm feeling quite fed up these days though. I have that spd that means you get sore legs/back when u walk or get in and out of bed. had it the first time but it's a bi worse second time. Just can't wait for this to all be over and I'm not quite the 30weeks yet lol

You seem to be getting on well :) helpful as ever!

my tummy gets really hard but no pain, but get them a lot! dont know if this is good or bad

I didn't have any with my first pregnancy but this time around I get them all the time and sometimes they are so strong I have to breathe through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back