2nd miscarrage (silent found out at scan 11 weeks)

Jen K

Reaction score
Went for scan at 10 weeks 6 days, no heartbeat found had a silent miscarrage baby stopped growing at 7 weeks 5 days. Devestated lost first baby at 6 weeks. Had a D and C on Friday found out after that I'm RHD negitive, could this be why I miscarried again as was not given an anti D injection after first miscarrage?
Feeling very angry and dont know how to handle things, scared to get pregnant again

ah un im so so sorry for you. i can understand how you feel though i went for my scan with my last pregnancy and saw the baby with no heartbeat, i never though i would ever get preg again and come but a couple of months later im pregnant again and now 13 weeks it is so so hard hun il be honest with you but you will get through this.

if you ever need to chat at all anythime PM me whenever you want

take care :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awwwwww, I've no idea about the RHD negative thing, but definitely one to raise with your dr. Please do go on - my cousin had a healthy boy, followed by 3 miscarriages, and then a healthy girl. It will be hard, but if you give yourself time to grieve, I'm sure you will find the strength somehow. :hug:

I am soo sorry honey, that is terrible news. I am thinking of you. :hug:

Hi Jen,

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Missed miscarriages do seem to happen to a few women - have a look at the 'Coping with Miscarriages and Loss' board to read similar stories.

From what I've read about RHD neg - this could well have been the case, but there is a relatively simple injection that your doc can administer that should hopefully give you a better chance in future pregnancies.

I hope that you take time to grieve and again, I am very sorry to hear your news.

Love and I'm thinking of you

Valentine xxx

my heart is breaking for you chick, I hope that you get some answers and get your mind put at ease to go on trying for another bubs.
MCs seem higher in my family than most and I have had 3 my sisters and mom many between them. There is hope you need to take some time out to grieve and rest now and also you need to get some answers.
So sorry
Hope you are okay.
xxxx :hug:

So sorry to hear you news. I had a blighted ovum detected at my 12 week dating scan and was (and still am) absolutely devastated.

I am rhesus negative and was given an antiD injection after my medical management, however I was only told that it was necessary if you M/C at or after 12weeks. (and even then most professionals still think that its jumping the gun a bit that early)

The only reason a mother being rhesus negative is a problem is if the baby is rhesus positive. which is likely but not definite if the father is positive. Is your partner positive or negative as is he is negative then this isn't a problem as the baby will be negative.

It is highly unlikely that your rhesus status caused either of your miscarriages... and you should try hard not to think like that. the main worry about RhD is anaemia and jaundice.... I actually went to school with a girl who was positive and her mother was negative and she was the third born and except for a slight scare when she was born there were no problems. (I am a scientist and have looked into the RhD situation trying to explain my M/C, there is no evidence that it increases the risk)

I know what the guilt is like after a M/C and I have also been struggling with trying to find answers to why this happened.... unfortunately it is a tragic situation that neither you or anyone else are to blame for..

I hope you find some peace soon and the fear of getting PG again subsides.

PM me anytime

Hugs
J

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

My thoughts are with you.

K.xxx

I'm so sorry to hear your news :hug:

As tick-tock said Anti D is not required unless miscarriage took place after 12 weeks, I too am Rhesus Neg and had miscarriage at 6 weeks in September 05. I spoke to my MW (this time round when i found out I was Oneg) about the fact I hadn't been given an injection after my m/c, and thats exactly what she told me.

I know this information doesn't give you answers to your loss, but hopefully it will put your mind at ease about future pregnancies. I wish you lots of love and luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi

Just thought ide say im so sorry :hug: i would definetly talk to the doc
Katrina

I get so angry why this has to happen to so many of us, women in general i mean. My thoughts are with you.

One thing i would say is just look after yourself and try not to give yourself too many goals as to when you will start ttc again etc. It can make recovery harder.

I am still of sick since my loss in October for just trying too hard to get myself back together and when it doesnt work out getting knocked back. Look after yourself and do anything that helps!!

Sarah

Im so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you. :hug:

aahh hun i am so sorry to hear this.... thinking of you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER