23 week midwife appointment

snr1982

Reaction score
What happens at this one, anything exciting or is it just bloods, pee and quick chat? oh and do you get weighed? I never got to hear the babies heartbeat at the last one, will she do it this time round?

Edit - I meant 24 weeks appointment not 23 as the title says.. What a pregnancy head I have - can't even get how far gone I am right! :lol:

Last edited:
erm, well i went for my 16weeks appointment today, and she did listen to heartbeat but she said when i come to my next midwife apointment at 25wks, they will start to measure your bump, listen to heartbeat to and just the usual checks.. x

They dnt measure bumps untill your 28 weeks where I live (stupid really as the chart surely starts at 24 for a reason!!) But I'm certain it will be no bloods hun as you have them at 28 weeks, I recon it will be pee pee cheack, babys heart beat, a chat and maybe measure the bump depending where u are :) x

Think it is different in areas of the UK as I got to hear bub's heartbeat at the 16 week appoint, we have a MW appointment at 22 weeks then a further GP appointment at 25 weeks then back to MW at 28 weeks, think it is also different if it is your 1st pregnancy too x

Thanks. :) . aww hope I get to hear it's heartbeat :). I got my bump measured at my 16 week appointment :S.

You don't get bloods until 28 week as loulou said my midwife said 24 week was too early to take them. x

Oh that is good then as I hate getting it done :)

I have a 25 week app booked for next tuesday but can't make it, so need to rearrange if she decides to call me back. It says on my list she gave me that i'm having bloods taken x

i was going to ask this as have my 25 week appointment next friday. needle phobia means i have to get myself ready for it. can't stand not knowing it's going to happen sends me in a panic. xxx

Well thats me back and I didn't get any blood taken :) yippee! just tested my pee, gave me some leaflets, took my blood pressure and measured my bump which is 26 weeks. She was like oh you are all bump even when you lie down.. hope that is a good thing! ooo does that mean its going be a big baby! i was hoping for a baby no biggger than the my first daughter who was 6lbs 13oz.. that was plenty big enough for me.. :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back