Just had 24 week midwife app

TaffyRose

Reaction score
Well just like the title says I just had my 24 week midwife appointment. All was good, baby had a nice strong heartbeat and my bump is measuring 25cm so on target. People keep telling me I'm tiny, so the midwife says it looks like that because I have a long body but I can now turn round and say actually I'm measuring slightly big :) So that's another milestone down, next one v-day on Friday! xxx

I had mine yesterday. It's so good to hear their little hearts again isn't it! :)

ooooo 25cm from where to where if you don't mind me asking? I assume it is not just around your hips?!
I may try to measure myself at home!

Congrats by the way! :D

Glad your mw app went well, slightly jel though as my mw didnt measure me but maybe i was too early to be measured think shes doing it next time when i'll be 28wks x

From the top of your uterus to your pubic bone I think. She measured from about an inch or so above my belly button down to my pubic bone.

Hearing the heartbeat is the best sound in the world. I can hear it at home on my doppler but it is great for the midwife to easily find it and tell you it's nice and strong. Plus my little man's been wriggling away ever since :) xxx

Glad your mw app went well, slightly jel though as my mw didnt measure me but maybe i was too early to be measured think shes doing it next time when i'll be 28wks x

I'm sure she'll measure you next time hun :) xxx

Yeah i think she said she would measure me next time and feel babies position also she did say at 22 weeks it was too early to feel the position so maybe thats why she didnt measure also! Grrr lol :lol: xx

That's great to hear hon :) Not long now eh? xx

My midwife told me that 24 weeks may be too early to feel baby's position, but she had a feel and there he was, head down and kicking her!

My midwife doesn't measure until 28 weeks but now I know where to measure from I might do it myself! x

yay all is well... i got measured last time aswell and was 28cm for 26 weeks whcih she wasnt too fussed about... I tried it at home a few weeks prior and got something like 30cms i think i did it wrong lol.. x

Glad you had a good appointment with your midwife, hun. I've just come back from mine and she measured me. I'm 25+1 weeks today and bump measured 24cm, which was bang on the centre line on the chart. I don't look like I've got much of a bump either, or at least it's not on the larger side (I put up some pics in the bumpy pics thread yesterday). People have been saying how small I am, but I guess I must have a longish body too! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back