16 Week appointment info. please.....

bute69

Reaction score
I have my 16 Week appointment booked for this Friday, will only be 15 Weeks, but midwife says it doesn't have to be exact. Could you please tell me what happens at this appointment. Am I right in thinking that they listen for baby's heartbeat??

Hi hun, urine is checked as is blood pressure and yes normally they listen to babys heartbeat xx

Hi,

Yes same here blood pressure, baby's heartbeat and urine test, was fairly quick from what I can remember XX

Same as others, urine test, BP, few questions on how your feeling then listen to babas heartbeat :D x

Thanks ladies :) Just didn't know if it was worth OH booking time off to come too. Think I'll just go alone.

She went through my blood tests from 8 weeks, advised me to have the flu jab and asked me how I am. That was pretty much it. She didn't listen to the heartbeat :(

Same as others, urine, bp and listened to baby, was pretty quick. Xx

I'm the same as TOrino. Everything was checked but hb. Mw said with my mc history, she was too afraid that if she couldn't find hb that I would panic... So she said to wait for next appointment. I was more than happy with that!!!
Xxz

As above, only lasted 20 mins. I would say that if OH can get time off then it might be worth going along because they did heartbeat at mine and I actually found it very emotional - much more so than I thought!! We don't have a doppler and the last time I saw baby was 12 weeks so when I had my m/w appointment at 17 weeks that beating sound was music to my ears!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back