21day blood test results..

ema-lou24

Reaction score
well i got my 21day blood test to confirm that i am ovulating, 21days after my AF wouldve been on a saturday so i went in on day 20 because obviously the doctors are closed.

Anyhoo, got my results back today and they came back at 14.5, which means i havent ovulated, the doc said it has to be up and over the 30mark

So now im panicking, that not only does stu have a low count, im not bloody ovulating...what chances have we got???

my AF came yesterday and i told the doc this on the phone and she said ive to go for more bloods as im obviously ovulating cos ive had a period, but i know a friend who was having periods but not ovulating with a viable egg....

I think it is now time for me to give up my quest of having a baby..:oooo:

NO No no! You will not give up! There is always a chance and I'm sure a good doctor will tell you a ton of things you can do and will help you find out for sure. Just keep shagging. Keep smiling and laughing. Keep chatting with us, we like you..... ;-)
xx

Please dont give up Ema-Lou...as hard as it is, try to stay positive and keep telling yourself that you WILL get your baby.

Surely you must ovulate in order to have your Son? What could have changed since you got PG with him?
xxxx

Don't give up Ema-Lou, there could be loads of reasons for that result. I have a friend who has PCOS and was not producing an egg at all, but after hormone treatment she has gone on to have two children so there are loads of things they can do xx

Don't give up...there's medication u can take to make u ovulate if that's the case,my friend had acsimilar thing and was in the process of savin up 4 ivf (her oh had kids already) when she fell pregnant xx

Dont give up! Like the other ladies say there are always things you can do :hug::hug::hug:

Ema-Lou, don't give up!

I said in one of my posts that I was a miracle baby. My mum only has one functioning ovary, and with a lot of help and support from her Dr she fell pregnant with me(using fertility drugs) and she conceived my brother naturally after being told she would never conceive again following me! So my parents are proof that these things can and will happen. Get a good Dr who understands and wants to help you and you'll be well on your way.

Also, get a dog! I've heard no end of stories (and seen it happen to 2 of my closest friends) that when couples get a puppy/dog, within a few months their expecting! The dog helps to relax their couple and they don't worry and stress over trying to conceive as much, and nature takes it course! Battersea has a lot of gorgeous dogs that need a home right now.

Goodluck, and keep thinking positive xx

thanks ladies...i have an 11month old staffy and still waiting for a BFP, dont think i could handle another pup at the moment lol..

My OH has a low sperm count so we thought that was the only problem, but i had an operation in sept 07 resulting in my only having one ovary left. we have been referred to the infertility clinic this is why we had to get my 21day blood test (we already knew about OH's count).

i was told there that i would NOT get IVF paid for me as i have a son living at home with me, so i have to pay for this myself, so this will also mean that any fertility treatment we need, we will have to pay for will we not? this is something we cannot afford, so i need to face facts this isnt going to happen for us until we at least win the lottery.

You may just need some hormone therapy and it will all be ok. Talk through your concerns with gp. X

not coping with this as much as i thought i would.

in my head its just not going to happen, so im going to take a break from everything at the moment.

good luck ladies, hope you all get the BFP you all deserve so much xx

dont give up hun. i know its hard and its shit i have just mc for the 3rd time i know its bit diff from whats happing to u but i still feel like grrrrrrrr will i ever get my baby but we have to keep going and keep trying cos u just never know what might happen. sending u lots of love and big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Never give up Emalou - now that you have had these ov tests, they can see that something is not quite working exactly as it should, but that's great news, as you don't have to keep trying and getting disapointed if that wouldn't have done it. Now they know, they can treat you for this and get things kickstarted again and back in the game. It may be something quite quick to get it all going.

wishing you all the best with your next steps with the docs XX

Last edited:
hi emalou, i just wanted to say that if ur op was anything to do with docs not noticing somethin and resulting in u losing ovary then they have to pay for ivf or fertility treatment. when i had ep in march, they never noticed or checked properly which resulted in me losing tube so they said if i have trouble concieving at all then they are responsible for helping me with medication or treatment. i dont know what ur op was but i just wanted to let u know in case. xx

Dont give up hun, I know this must be so hard for you right now, but never give up on the things you truly want xxx

i would need to pay for any fertility treatment and i cannot afford it at this time x

You know what - you should give up........

That's exactly when it will happen! Do stop trying, but keep your sex life alive and well.

You sound like you are stressed by it all, and that's no good at all.

Take a break ........ it's ok ......... maybe put some money aside for when you do decide you seriously want to try again - I reckon you'll be spending it on a pregnancy test within months xxxx

You know what - you should give up........

That's exactly when it will happen! Do stop trying, but keep your sex life alive and well.

You sound like you are stressed by it all, and that's no good at all.

Take a break ........ it's ok ......... maybe put some money aside for when you do decide you seriously want to try again - I reckon you'll be spending it on a pregnancy test within months xxxx

I don't want to sound bad but 2 years ago I went to a seminar at my university (I studied clinical pedagogical science) and someone graduated at the subject fertility dificulties and they found out with extensive testing that people who got IVF and were ' more stressed' were more succesfull. (why that is they couldn't find out so more testing is needed).

Also there is no correlation between not getting pregnant and having stress!

I can understand that emotionally it is very hard and you are stressed out and that you want to take it slowly because of this, but less stress doens't mean more chance of getting pregnant.

And not having sex makes it even more inpossible.:whistle:

I hope you will get your BFP soon and keep your hopes up high, also you will get yours (even though it might not feel that way right now).

Good luck and I am thinking of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back