ovulation test result????

nikki73

Reaction score
i got a blood test done on day 21 of my cycle,the docter said my result was low,it was 23,she said 30 was normal,under 20 meant you werent ovulating,so were does that leave me? obviously low i know,but does it mean that i am ovulating or not? i would be greatful if anyone has any insight in to this at all.

Ovulation for most women with regular cycles etc happens around days 11-16, so I would say day21 is too late, but thats dependant on your cycles (please someone correct me if your experience is different :hug: ) You can buy OPK (ovulation predictor kits) which are sticks you P on, off ebay they're quite cheap, that way you can start checking each month to find your O day.

The test will look for Ovulation, which is controlled by hormones, in particular one called Luteinising Hormone (LH), which can be detected in your urine. The level of LH increases rapidly 24 to 36 hours before ovulation. It is this rise in LH (the LH surge) that triggers an egg to be released from your ovaries.

I think it depends on your individual cycle.

I didn't ovulate till day 28 last month! I'm on day 21 and still haven't ovulated :(

Was the blood test to check your progesterone levels Nikki? I'm really not sure what to advise on it, I'm sure somebody else on here is more clued up on the subject.

I think it depends on your individual cycle.

I didn't ovulate till day 28 last month! I'm on day 21 and still haven't ovulated :(

Was the blood test to check your progesterone levels Nikki? I'm really not sure what to advise on it, I'm sure somebody else on here is more clued up on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back