20 Week Midwife App.

Nicola

Reaction score
Just had my 20 week midwife appointment I must say it was better than the 16 week one....at that one I felt so rushed and like she was uninterested. This time it was the 2nd community midwife I got to see and do hope she's on community (rather than hospital) duty when I go into labour I much prefered her. Anyway she just took time with me, 35 minutes despite being booked in for just 10!! I got to ask heaps of questions, little pudding got measured and usual blood pressure, urine samples etc - she just made me feel better, came across as more confident and took time with me instead of rushing me in and out to get through her day's list type thing. Anyway feeling a little better about NHS care now I suppose, glad I got to see her today, I have my 21 week scan on the 30th, then my next appointment is with the GP on the 18th April and I'll be seeing the same midwife as I saw today on the 15th May. To think then I'll be almost 30 weeks is wonderful!! Happier now anyway so just had to share my 'update'.

aw thats great hun. theres nothing worse than being rushed is there.

ive seen the same midwife from the start (must be lucky) and she is nice, but a little big for her boots imo.

good luck with your scan :) they are amazing :D

Aww i'm glad you had a good appointment. Last time i saw midwife was just inder 22 weeks and he doesnt want to see me now till i'm 30 weeks.

i saw mine at 16weeks, next one is 1weeks time. then its 3weekly and towards the end its 2weekly

aw that's great

I saw mine at 17 weeks and won't see one again until 25 weeks cos they count the 20 week scan as a mw apt even tho you don't actually see a mw :roll: but anyway I've meet both the mw's now that are linked with the dr's surgery and hospital and they're both lovely. I wanted an older mw taking care of me during the actual birth I just feel she would have had much more experience and they're both older women with plenty of experience behind them which makes me feel more confortable about giving birth.

I'm glad your appointment went so well Nicola. There's nothing I hate more than being rushed out of the surgery and feeling like I wanted to ask more.

Fingers crossed you'll get that MW when your time comes :)

:hug:

Hi Nicola,

Glad you had such a good appointment.

20 weeks and officially halfway tomorrow - woo hoo!

Valentine xxx

Oh my gosh valentine your so right......I'm 20 weeks today!!
I'm half way.....where has the time gone? Only yesterday was the 2ww praying for that BFP and I'm now half way already....good grief but YAY too!! :)

Yeh!! Happy half way! and glad the midwife was better this time round! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back