2 Positive tests but doubting (advice please?)

Poppy Panda

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new. I missed a period a couple of weeks ago so last night I got a test (cheap tesco one) and it came up straight away with 2 strong lines.. I was unsure so I did another one this morning and the same thing.

The reason I'm scared is firstly because maybe meds have made false positives? In the last 2 weeks due to infection I have had penecillin, paracetamol, ibuprofen, cocode(something), amoxiccilin and zydol. Could any of these affect?

The other reason is just because I've lost 3 pregnancies over the years very early on and maybe I just refuse to believe it because I don't want to go through worse pain if it happens again.

I'm just really panicky, confused and generally have a bit of a lack of info here =[

Can anybody advise or help?

(P.S. My OH is overjoyed but when I talk about my fears he just tries to reassure me with 'calm down' and 'we will have to wait and see' bless him it's just not that helpful lol)

It certainly sounds as though you are pregnant, make your Drs appointment today :) x

I know how u feel chick, I had an ectopic 9 weeks ago and they removed my tube. Period still hasn't come. Phoned the doctor she advised me to do a test. A faint line appeared so I called her I see the doc on Friday. She thinks it's a new pregnancy. I just don't want to get my hope up though as we have been trying for 2 years so I think the hormone is still in my body. I don't think the meds u have been taking would cause hcg though so I would book a docs appointment they will send u to the early pregnancy unit xx good luck x x jeep us posted x.

I think your def pg Hun make an app at you drs and talk about your fears and get it confirmed good luck and your oh is right don't panic xxxx

Although you're nervous and don't want to get your hopes up, sounds like you're definitely pregnant hun, congrats :) xx

Hi Poppy Panda,

antbiotics and analgesia should not give you a fasle positive. It does sound like your pregnant get a dotors appointment. fx and good luck what ever the result xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back