Late but negative pregnancy tests

hburton

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

There's lots of threads on forums regarding this so i just really want to get this clarified, hope you can help!
I'm 23 and I have been of the pill for about 2 months. Not nessessarily trying but just seeing what happens.
I am on my second cycle and i am nearly 2 weeks late. I have taken aout 3 pregnancy tests over the last week or so and they are all coming up negative.
I went to the doctors last week because i was getting sharp pains in my abdomen and she gave me some IBS tablets as she thought it may be that. She said that if i do not come on in a week to go back. Which i haven't.
I have been feeling very sick during the day, a very dull pain in my lower back and constantly feeling like i'm on fire! I'm going back to the doctors today but i took a test mid morning, (not the first urine of the day) and it was negatitive again.
I'm worried that i may be over reacting! Can anyone help?

Thanks xx

Sounds like pregnancy symptoms to me.... I would go back to the doc and ask them to do a pregnancy test on you. What type of test are you doing? It really had to be first urine of day especially when trying to detect early pregnancy. Clear Ble digital tests are good but expensive. First response seems to be good too. As you have just come off the pill 2 months ago it may also just be your body trying to get back to a natural cycle and your period may well just be later - pills make you have period every 28 days but your natural cycle may be well off that. You must be so confused ( I know I would be). Keep us all posted on how you get on.

Hi

I don't really know what to say other than I am currently going through the same thing. If you read my thread 'confused...' it will go into it in more detail.

I spent a whole weekend while I was away on holiday convinced I was pregnant, came back - did 2 tests & both were negative!!

It is sooo frustrating. Been told by Doc to do another test if no af by the weekend.

Good luck :) xx

I would avoid Clearblue tests unless digi as CB are known for evaps leading to false results - I got one and my sister said it was BFP, I got caught by my period after a few days. I would defo try a first response test as they seem to have the best reviews.

If still BFNS, I would go back to the doc and get a blood test. x

Hope you get the result you want! x x

Thanks for your reply guys.
I was thinking that it may be my body getting used to being off the pill but im on and off every few months to give myself a break and i always come on when i expect to.
I used clear blue this morning, but previous (about a week ago) i used first response. My doctor said the other day it maybe just too early to tell. I've seen on some forums that some people say that they have only detected pregnancy from 8 weeks!
So we'll see when i go to the doctors today. I'm hoping i am but we'll see.

Thanks again for your help.
xx

Let us know how you get on hun. It's true some women produce low levels of hormone - my sister didn't get a BFP til she was almost 9 weeks with her first child and then with her second she was 5 weeks. x

Ok so I went to the Doctors and she said that i'm not pregnant, it's more than likely IBS.
Not quite sure how that effects the time of the month, (it certainly hasn't effected that before) or i have a pelvic infection, but as i'm not showing all the systoms it's probably not that.
She said that even if i was pregnant only a couple of weeks, her tests are sensitive enough to pick it up.
So i'm stuck. I suppose I will just have to wait and see.

:-(

Thanks again for your help

xxx

After coming off the pill I was regular for a few month 29 days and then suddenly 40 days and 50 days and have settleed to a 32 day cycle now. Also when u first come off the pill you get pregnancy symptoms im surprised ur doc didnt tell you that :eh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back