2 mmc & now bleeding at 5 weeks- need hope!

Hopeful75

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I've read the comments on here several times over the last year or so, but it's the first time I've posted.
I'm 38 and trying to have my first child. Was pregnant last June, but at the 12 week scan found out that the baby had stopped developing at 8/9 weeks. I went through medical management, which was hell. This summer we went through the same thing, almost to the exact day, although this time I'd had a scan at 7 weeks to see a heartbeat, then another scan at 9+5 revealed the heartbeat had stopped at around 8+5. I opted for D&C this time.
We've been ttc since Sept and on Mon found out I was pregnant again. My lovely, sympathetic doc has referred me to the antenatal consultant, but obviously the appointment hasn't come through. Then yesterday I noticed my discharge was brown and also when I wiped. The blood when wiping has stopped, but not the discharge.
I know there is nothing I can do except wait. I've been told to do a test next week which, if it comes back negative, will indicate another mmc (unless I start a miscarriage naturally obviously). I just wanted to know if anyone had been through anything similar and has some positive stories to tell. Hope is seriously low at the moment!

Keep the hope I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way. I can empathise with you as I've had 2 missed miscarriages over the last year single baby at 11 weeks and twins at 10weeks so I know it's hard not to worry but my sister had a baby who is now a 23year old and she had spotting and discharge throughout her whole pregnancy. Each pregnancy is unique. I'm 41 and my consultant did all the tests on me in October after 2nd MMC & all came back clear but he has still recommended that if I conceive again that I take a baby aspirin & progesterone pessaries from when I get a positive pregnancy test. Can you get booked in for an early scan to put your mind at ease, take care L

Thanks for the message Clemetine. Unfortunately started bleeding very heavily this afternoon, with cramping. Looks like it wasn't third time lucky for us. :sad: hopefully I'll get some investigations now. Wishing you the best of luck and baby dust.

Hi Hopeful75, thanks for the note just to let you know you are in my thoughts, sometimes life seems unfair but stay strong and request all the tests. To help me deal with the disappointment I try to trust that Mother Nature knows best & is looking after me. My consultant give me a scan, he also did a load of blood tests they took 12 vials of blood (thyroid, lupus, antibodies, plus other things). Also he did a hysteroscopy minor procedure under anaesthetic where he checks lining of the womb. For me they showed up nothing but I needed some reassurance before TTC again. I have an underactive thyroid that is treated with eltroxin and pernicious anaemia I get B12 injections monthly but I believe that what's for me won't pass me. Look after yourself & fingers crossed we'll both have healthy babies in the near future. xL

hi hopeful how are you doing? I hope everything is ok with your bean. I just wanted to say ive had 2 miscarriages currently pregnant with my third and at the beginning i bled a few times i was petrified but bleeding isnt always bad I am now 33 weeks. The reason for my bleeding was there was a bleed around my babies sac xxx

Thanks for the good wishes Mummy2toddler. Unfortunately, did the test this morning and it's now negative. Just waiting for the doctor to call back so I can see what the next steps are. I didn't really pass any tissue or clots and have now stopped bleeding, so I'm just concerned that it's been an incomplete miscarriage. Hopefully the doctor will be able to push for quick tests, because having to wait for months or weeks will be a killer.

Didn't want to read and run, Hopeful I'm so so sorry that you have had another mc.
It's just so bloody unfair. I hope you are as ok as you can be at this awful time.
Can you phone EPU and ask them for further advice and scan?
I could refer myself where I lived before I moved- maybe you could?
Xxxx

Hi Selina
Thanks for the message. I got referred to rmc consultant in Dec. All the tests came back clear (or in consultant speak, I have no 'on-board' predisposing factors for miscarriage. Why they can't speak plain English is beyond me!) . Anyway, I was lucky to get a bfp after my first cycle. I'm now 6+3, waiting for a 7 week scan on Wed and trying very hard to keep a lid on the blind panic I'm in all day every day. Fingers crossed this one will be my lucky star - and that you have the very same luck this year too.

I too had 2 miscarriages, in 2012 and 2013, been TTC since May 2013 and did a clearblue test today, it says 3+, going off my last period (last month's was so light that I am now not counting it as a period) so I would be 7/8 weeks. I will be going to the docs on Monday to confirm it, the EPU said last time I could have a scan as soon as I was 6+ so just need the doc to confirm it. Need good vibes, OH is away this weekend so don't want to text him this info, will be telling him when he gets back tomorrow, am surrounded by pregnant ladies at school, so just want this time to be ok.

I'm completely waffling I know, just want everything to be ok

Vicky, I know exactly how you're feeling! I'm just trying to take every day that there's no bleeding as a blessing. I know that even if everything is fine on Wed, I'm not out of the woods yet - both mmc the baby's heart had stopped between 8 -9 weeks. I'm just reminding myself constantly that I'm doing everything I can and if it's going to happen again there's nothing I can do to stop it. I wish you the best of luck - hopefully 2014 is bringing us both very sticky beans!

Hopeful75 it's horrid isn't it! I am snotty, headache and got a cough today. Can't wait for OH to come home tonight. I've never got as far as a heartbeat, I am further along now than the last 2 times, so like you said am just keeping my fingers crossed, praying that everytime I go to the toilet and wipe it won't be red, fingers crossed for us both!

Good luck for Wednesday, my local EPU said last time I could automatically get an early scan from 6 weeks if I got pregnant again, so will be requesting that for as soon as possible. I am going on holiday at half term to Madrid, so fingers crossed I'm ok for that, OH would go mad if I wasn't

Hi ladies - hope you don't mind me popping in. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses - I suffered 4mcs between July '12 and May '13 before I got my 5th BFP in September '13. Congratulations on your BFPs - keeping everything crossed they are super sticky beans and you have healthy pregnancies :hug: xxxx

Thanks Katkin. It's lovely to hear good stories- gives me hope.
And Vicky - congratulations on your bfp! I've only told my oh, mum and two people at work - and excitement/congratulations aren't emotions that seem to be forthcoming. Can't blame them- it wasn't the first feeling I had either but we should be happy that we have another chance at getting the babies we want so much - lots of ladies have been trying for years with no success. Good luck to you both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back