1st time mum and bride to be!

VikkiRTB

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

My name is Vikki and I found out last week that I am pregnant for the first time. I am also due to get married in less that 5 weeks!!

My fiance and I had decided that we would start trying for a baby after the wedding. I had been taking the pill for over 4 and 1/2 years and so I decided to stop taking it two months ago. I wanted to give my body chance to get it all out of my system. Well we haven't been being as safe as we should have been and so I found myself 3 days late last Monday.

I did three tests on the tuesday and one on Wednesday (just to make sure) and all had that magical second line!!!

I am so excited but also full of worries and questions. The day my period was due, was also my best friends wedding day and so coupious amounts of alcohol were consumed. Can alcohol this early on in the pregnancy cause any harm.

We are getting married in Jamaica on the 16th July so we have a 10 hour flight ahead of us. I have so many worries about the things that can go wrong!!

I am due around the 12th Feb, according to my dates.

I look forward to getting to know some of you better and listening to your advice.

Vikxxx

Congrats and welcome to the PF!!

Also congrats on getting married so soon :D excellent gift for you to have for your wedding.

I also drank a fair amount around the days I was due on (comes with being a uni student lol) and everything is absolutly fine.

Have a happy and healthy 9 months :D xx

Hi Vikki,

Congrats on your wedding and pregnancy! Your story is very similar to mine. I found out I was pregnant with our first baby five months before our wedding in NZ. We'd been planning it for months and everything was booked (including our very expensive flights!) so there was no chance of changing the dates. I was nervous about flying too (the flight to NZ is 26 hours) but it was absolutely fine - just make sure you move around a lot and drink lots of water. If you tell the airline you're pregnant (coupled with the fact that you're off to your wedding) they tend to really look after you - we got upgraded to first class on our flight home!

I also didn't find out I was pregnant until after a big, boozy weekend reunion with friends (I too thought it would take longer than it did for the pill to work it's way out of my system). I am sure a lot of people are in the same situation so I wouldn't stress about it too much, you've found out relatively early so I would really doubt you've done any lasting damage.

Anyway, enough rambling from me! Welcome to the forum, the people on here are lovely and the advice invaluable. :wave:

Oh wow, what an exciting time for you! And you're getting married on my birthday :yay:
There's quite a few other people on here been travelling so they'll be able to give you more advice. I think it's just important to look after yourself, stay hydrated etc.
And welcome to PF!!!

Hi ladies

Good to hear from you all. Feels like I will get a lot of support from this forum. Think I might need it!! Quick question? How do you get a photo onto your profile?

Welcome to the Forum & Congratulations :)

Welcome & congratulations on bump news

Also wishing you a beautiful wedding day

:petal:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14