• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

** 1st time ever pregnant thread!

Ahhhhh I love scan pics :) can't wait for mine now!!! That's amazing!!! You can see its nose :) x

I know, should ov seen the arms and legs going, and him/her physically jumping about, at one point when she was trying to do measurements the little bugger rolled over and flashed their bum!!!

Aww! Cute scan picture.

Over here they print your scan pictures out onto the same type of material as an x ray is on, it is really hard to scan/take a photo to share on here.

Thanx girls!!! My wonder dad scanned it for me he is good like that!!!

You still staying at your parents hun? How are you feeling?

Im ok today other than really achey hips! Just finished 2 13 hour shifts so glad I've got tomorrow off to chill! X

Yeah i am hun, im ok, tummy is really sore from yesterdays scan she was a little rough with me, im headachy and tired and sickly and fed up, ill be ok tho i guess!

Glad you got time to rest tomorrow, you need to take it easier!!!! Xxx

Bloody hell - we've just been for a nice walk and it's helped my achey hips :) good night sleep coming up hopefully!!

Yeah after the lecture I've got off Chris I won't be doing anymore long days! Jesus he went mad!!

How's your other half coping without you? X

I hope you slept well nicky!

I have my first proper appointment with my ob in a few hours. I have seen him lots already because of the sickness and being in hospital, but this is the first time we sit down and talk about what I want, how maternity care works over here, what options I do have etc. I am nervous because it is nothing like the NHS and healthcare in England. I am pretty sure my ob works in a way that is as close to what I want as I will find over here. They are very pro c-sec, love to induce just to have baby born on a certain day, love to strap you to a bed and monitor, monitor, monitor all.the.time. All of that is fine if there is a medical reason, but it doesn't wash with me to do it for the sake of it.

Wish me luck! Hopefully we will see baby on the scan as well, I have had several scans now and the differences between them as baby grows are amazing.

:-( my morning sickness has been all day sickness today! Who told me it goes away at 12weeks?!? And boy is it hot tonight!!

Had a good nights sleep thanks - still feel knackered this morning tho!!

God the whole system confuses me over here with just a midwife lol! I agree tho that they should let nature take its course rather than going straight for induction or c- section!

All day morning sickness sounds horrendous!!! Hope your ok today xxx

Hope you feel better later today MsClaire, and Nicky im glad Chris went mad with you!!!

Im with you Nicky im lost by the uk system half the time, i got consultant on the 28th and midwife 29th august both to discuss the baby, im like ffs im never gonna be away from the hospital!!

I hope the appointment goes well Talulah, let us know how you get on!!!

I've got a few little jobs to do around the house and then from 10am I am putting my feet up and watching Tom Daley in the diving semi finals :) Chris is at work so peace and quiet!! Ahhhhh x

Good luck Talula! Also here it's the same! Scheduled c sections! Not sure what I'll do yet!

My appointment was fine. I am really confident that we've got a good ob who pretty much agrees with us on stuff. I was worried we'd butt heads but I think it will all be OK. He has admitting and delivery rights at several hospitals around here so I will have to decide on that. I am glad we have insurance as I found out today how much he charges just to turn up and deliver the baby! Ha ha. My appointment today was just over $1000 for a scan, a 40 minute consultation, blood tests and urine test.

Everything was fine, he did a really good scan for us and gave us tons of printed pictures on proper photo paper unlike all my others which are on xray type plastic. Baby was flipping around all over the place. We declined all screening tests. I am to carry on with my anti-sickness meds until I see him next time and then if things are still fairly stable we can talk about cutting them down.

And I have only been sick once today!

I haven't got time to catch up properly now, but I hope you are all having lovely weekends.

Thanks guys I think the sickness is just getting worse because I'm surviving on 2-3 hours of sleep a day. It's taking a few hours to actually fall asleep and then I'm waking up at about 4 am and can't get back to sleep. So exhausted constantly x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back