• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1st miscarriage

Vixg83

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m relatively new to this site, but find so much comfort reading through everyone’s stories and seeing I’m not alone.
I’m 34 and have been trying for a baby for a few months. I found out just over a week ago I was pregnant and was so happy...me and my partner both were.
I should be 5 weeks today...but started bleeding on Friday....nothing heavy but my pregnancy symptoms literally disappeared instantly. I took a digital test this morning confirming that I am no longer pregnant.
It’s probably one of the worst feelings I’ve ever had. Trying to stay positive that at least I know I can get pregnant. But at the same time I’m almost too scared to try again it case it happens again. How do people get through this?! It’s heart breaking xx

Sorry to hear about your loss. I can totally understand your anxiety to start ttc again but when you do feel ready, there are loads of information suggesting you are more fertilw in the few months after mc and that your are more likely to carry to term. I had mmc 5 weeks ago at 10+3 and reading positive stories following mc and the support from the ladies on this site has got me through. Its devasting but has got easier over last couple of weeks. Like you say, you know you can get pregnant so hopefully youll have your rainbow soon x

Sorry about your loss. I've lost 2 at 6 weeks now and it IS horrible I don't know how people carry on trying when they have so many. But somehow they do. Probably because they feel the same way I'm feeling now. In my window, taking all the vitamins, all the old housewives tales just in case lol

It's hard but we are in this together right? Just gotta stay positive.

Thanks guys. It’s comforting to know people understand. It’s just so sad we all have to go through it in the first place xxx

Yep it's horrible. Just hope we get there soon

Hi Vixg83

Sorry to join this conversation late and hopefully I've not re-triggered any difficult thoughts and feelings from when you wrote your original post. I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss, to acknowledge how much it completely sucks and also see how you were feeling now about trying again?

I felt I could really relate to your post, I am 36 and been trying for our first for a few months also. I've just experienced my second consecutive loss at 5 weeks, like you I was really scared to try again and still am. I just wanted you to know that you have a 'buddy' here if you need it. This is the most supportive forum that I have found so I think we are in good company xxx

I am so sorry to hear of your loss there is no words that can describe nor take away that feeling. I hope u have plenty of support around u. I had a mmc at my 12 week Scan in September and it was the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. I promise it does start to get easier and when u do decide to try again there is always amazing people here to keep you encouraged. If u ever need to chat I’m here. Take time to grieve x

Hi

I am sorry to hear of your loss, it is the worst feeling in the world. I have had 11 miscarriages in as many years and had no answers as to why so carried on trying.

My heart was in my mouth each time I fell pregnant and then ofc, I got to around 8/9 weeks and there would be no heartbeat so had to go back to square one.

All I can say is, I was told that 1 miscarriage is perfectly normal and a lot of women don't even know they are pregnant so when you are ready, and only then, try again and I pray that the next one is your sticky bean and you end up with a beautiful baby in the end.

Good luck xxx

Also, you can message me any time if you need to xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back