1st appointment done

mrspc

Reaction score
We went to the GP Friday after finally getting a time we could both go! She was nice and said that as well as the first fertility checks she'd include the tests required before you start any fertility treatment - to save time. She said that by the time all that is done and has come back we'd be at the two year point when all free fertility treatment would kick in.

I'm getting 21 day bloods on Monday morning. Also referred for day 2/3 bloods and rubella immunity check. I've got to have a smear to check for infections - irritating cos I only had a normal one last week! Plus, I've got to get a morning appointment for that which means I'll have to tell work. OH is expecting his semen analysis kit through the post - I'm glad he gets to do the sample at home and not in some minging toilet!

So that's me FINALLY being brave and getting the ball rolling...

xx

Glad you've got the ball rolling hun!

Annoying re: the smear but you'll feel so relieved once you get all your tests done.

xxxxxxxx

That all sounds like a really positive step in the right direction :D

Make sure you are very careful transporting the semen sample. I've known a few people be a bit dense about it and have to redo it. It HAS to stay at body temp, not cooler or warmer ;)

thats great news glad you finally got chance to go and thing are moving forward for you xxxxxxx

That's great mrspc! Good for you getting the ball rolling. Good luck with everything Xxx

re the semen sample - how close do u live to the lab? it needs to be with them within an hour at the most i think. i would even recomend just getting him to do it there just to ensure that it is received very promptly. with all your bloods - ask them to check your AMH aswell.

Good luck hun!!!
I have just finished all my testing and my follow up appt is tomorrow to see results and what treatment I get!

p.s what is AMH itsbabytime? xx

That all sounds like a really positive step in the right direction :D

Make sure you are very careful transporting the semen sample. I've known a few people be a bit dense about it and have to redo it. It HAS to stay at body temp, not cooler or warmer ;)

Advice on how to keep in right temp? Stick it up jumper?

xxx

re the semen sample - how close do u live to the lab? it needs to be with them within an hour at the most i think. i would even recomend just getting him to do it there just to ensure that it is received very promptly. with all your bloods - ask them to check your AMH aswell.

We only live 15-20 mins away.

Who do I ask to check AMH? The nurse who takes my blood?

xx

Good luck hun!!!
I have just finished all my testing and my follow up appt is tomorrow to see results and what treatment I get!

p.s what is AMH itsbabytime? xx

It checks for your egg reserve.

We live 15 miles away from the lab where oh's sample had to go and ours was fine x

Advice on how to keep in right temp? Stick it up jumper?

If you are both going together in a car or something, then whoever isn't driving should sit with it between their thighs as close to your crotch as possible - it's nice and fatty there and well insulated.

If not, then under your armpit against the skin - wearing plenty of clothing.

Don't let it get exposed to the air, especially in this weather and it def needs to be against the skin.

And don't swill it around the pot, keep it in a nice... blob...

xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back