Semen analysis doesn't tell you everything

mustard

Reaction score
I've been meaning to post this since I got my BFP in case it was any help to anyone on here.

As some of you will remember my OH had a semen analysis done a few years ago because he had sperm collected and frozen before cancer treatment as a teenager and in order for the NHS to continue to store the 'healthy' samples they require a semen analysis to be done every 10 years (or so I think it depends on area) to show that the sperm has been affected by the cancer treatment and that the sperm should continue to be stored.

So the analysis was done and in summmary these were the results
Volume 5ml
Sperm count 10 x 10^6/ml
Morphology 97% abnormal
Motility 70% abnormal

We weren't ttc at the time but we were advised that the frozen sperm shoudl be stored and that were should expect problems ttc so not the 'leave it too late' The semen analysis was not repeated as it would normally be if you are having fertility problems because basically we wanted the sperm stored as a back up any so it wasn't in our interest to pass the test.

Anyway the reason I posted this is because we got pregnant on our second cycle without help so one poor analysis doesn't mean you can't get preggers naturally. I hope tis doesn't give anyone false hope and I did make sure OH improved diet, stopped hot baths and took vits before ttc but I don't know if it made a difference.

Best of luck girls.

That is fabulous to hear!!!

Congrats on the BFP!!!!!!!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member