Oh Dear!! I remember you posting about what had happened when you and OH told her... its not her place to tell people, and especially lies! hope you get it sorted out! x

Bloody hell! She sounds like she's got a screw loose. Talk about attention seeking!
I would definitely confront her. Why has she cancelled the wedding if you're not due til a month after? It also wasn't her place to tell people. What a strange woman!!!
The other thing is that I wouldn't let anyone tell me to cancel my wedding, so why is she making it out to be your fault? Does she just not want to get married & using you as a scapegoat?

I would go with OH & have it out with her!

Sunnyb xxx

Aw hunny that's so horrible. I know its hard maybe you should rise above it and just not talk to her. She may get the message that way? Aww what a horrid woman :( x

Oh my word, she's bonkers! Why would you being due a month after her wedding make the slightest difference? Do you think she's worried the attention might be on you and not on her? Really sorry about that. I know a few things about nutty MILs. When my oh and I told mine we were getting married (after having lived together for 6 years!) she went off her rocker and starting muttering "oh no, oh no" to herself. Not quite the reaction I'd expected. We're telling her tomorrow about the baby.....fingers crossed!

she sounds like she just wants to be the centre of attention, was she single when she was bringing up your oh at all? I would just say thats it and cut her out of the birth plans altogether, but that might be too hard on your oh. she would definately at least get the silent treatment!

I just read this and had to comment. I remember reading about your situation before but OMG I am fuming for u. Seriously I feel angry, she sounds like a disgusting attention seeker. I agree with your last post and the others about rising above it if u can. I would find it very difficult and am not sure I could but u don't need any extra stresses and like u say, people that matter will know u wouldn't do that.

Really feel for both u and your oh, I'd really put my foot down when it comes to the birth though, maybe see if u can have a quiet word with the midwives if your oh didn't want to do it and ask them to say there's a limit on visitors or your not up to it/asleep or something! Not sure if they would but I think I may try it if certain people arrive! Xxx

she sounds like she just wants to be the centre of attention, was she single when she was bringing up your oh at all? I would just say thats it and cut her out of the birth plans altogether, but that might be too hard on your oh. she would definately at least get the silent treatment!

OH has 2 brothers...One is 15 and the other is 8 or 9. She was with OH's dad when all three of them were born, but he "left" (according to her) when the youngest was born. I actually feel bad for saying this, but I suspect the youngest isn't his...and this is why he left.

The youngest looks NOTHING like OH and his other brother. MIL always raves about how like OH he is, but I've OH's pictures and Videos, and he isn't. Different shaped head, eyes nose...

MIL always slagged of OH's dad to him, and his grandparents. She told me they were psycho, and they were horrible to her. I've been with OH for five years, and his dad and grandparents and the nicest, kindest most normal people ever.

Once MIL told me (infront of OH and her friends - apparently as a joke) that I'd better leave OH now, or he'll end up leaving me just like his dad did. OH was very upset, we were only 16 at the time.

She is very attention seeking, and a bit of a slut too. Think she's had 3 diffrent men living with her in the past 5 years, and a few more that never quite made it to the bring home stage.

My mum was very angry at the way she treated me and OH. As i said, she never spoke to me for a month. One day I posted on my facebook about a girl at work who had annoyed me...I posted something stupid like "why are some people so selfish!" (stupid I know..) and she called my DAD crying assuming it was about her. What MIL would call the DAD and not the MUM??

She always has her boobs hanging out and in peoples faces..Very inappropriate!

I just read this and had to comment. I remember reading about your situation before but OMG I am fuming for u. Seriously I feel angry, she sounds like a disgusting attention seeker. I agree with your last post and the others about rising above it if u can. I would find it very difficult and am not sure I could but u don't need any extra stresses and like u say, people that matter will know u wouldn't do that.

Really feel for both u and your oh, I'd really put my foot down when it comes to the birth though, maybe see if u can have a quiet word with the midwives if your oh didn't want to do it and ask them to say there's a limit on visitors or your not up to it/asleep or something! Not sure if they would but I think I may try it if certain people arrive! Xxx

I think I might do this...Thing is, in my hospital its a community led midwife unit, so all the rooms are private..meaning I won't be on a ward, even after the birth...So I suppose I could tell them not to let anyone in that I don't want. I'll send OH home when I know they're coming...

Sad thing is, although I'm trying to stay positive, there is still chance something could go wrong, and I'm going to have to face all these twats knowing I was pregnant and whats happened to me :(

It's just such conflicting emotions.. My emotions are crazy enough as it is :(

I think I need packet of Pom Bears :) They always make me feel better! x

I was getting so angry reading this. What a nasty person to act that way. If it was me I'd want to say something but you don't want to get more stressed and upset when pregnant. I'd defo be giving her the silent treatment though. Like the other girls said, she sounds like she wants all the attention xx

Hope your ok hun, she sounds awful, a complete attention seeker. I hate confrontation but I think I would have to say something to her. Don't let her stress you though, the woman clearly has issues! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back