Constipation!

jclaire78

Reaction score
Hi, I have been constipated for nearly a week now, I've barely been to the toilet apart from weeing every 20mins, any of you ladies been the same or anybody with any advice on how to get things moving?? :roll:

Oh I have had this! lol the joys of pregnancy. I know this sounds odd but I have found that a cup of tea sometimes helps (decaff of course - and only sometimes) Also dried prunes and apricots are supposed to help in that department so maybe give them a try.

And some fibre too (brown bread, fibre cereal, etc)

Urgh I had this big time with my second daughter. To the point I had stabbing pains in my stomach and I seem to be heading the same way this time too.

My midwife told me to drink a lot of water, leafy greens, high fibre food like whole wheat pasta/bread/rice and cereals, raisins, prunes, fruit and laxatives (there's a special type for pregnant women, ask your pharmacist). It's so horrible when you're pregnant and can't get a quick fix lol.

I'm in the same boat. I was told to have hot water with slices of lemon.....it does work. Maybe try that or as other say, give prune or prune juice a try. I can't quite face that myself yet. X x

Increase your fibre and fluid intake and if this doesnt help you can take Lactulose which is available to buy at your local pharmacy (I would of course always double check with the pharmacist to make sure it is safe as I took it during my first pregnancy 18 months ago, things may have changed since then!). Hope you feel better soon x

I'm using prunes at the moment. They're an acquired taste but boy do they work!

I agree with hope, prunes are fantastic for constipation, but go easy on them or you'll know about it! Xx

I had this and then it went and now im back there again....its so irrutaing...iv found aeverely upping my water intake has helped as well! x

I've gone the other way, I can't stop going! I'm off to the toilet after every meal, but no sickness as of yet so maybe this is my symptom, I have morning squitness instead of sickness! Lol

I've been drinking alot of water and things are slowly moving!! Never had ms with previous pregnancies but this week the nausea has come, :-( so although I'm starving hungry I cant stomach food!! If it's not one thing it's another....roll on tri 2 :)

Doctor told me yesterday, a lot of water, fruits vegetables and fibre will do the trick as they can't prescribe anything to us pregnant ladies, so eat all the veg fruit and fibre possible :)

OMG I have suffered so badly with constipation and it is soooo uncomfortable and painful. I bought lactulose and Fybogel from the chemist. I would recommend that you take the maximum dosage (9 spoonfuls/45 mls) twice a day to get things going. It will clear the initial blockage (sorry tmi) then take everyday reducing the amount you take depending on how well its worked. It is made from all natural ingrediants so it wont cause any harm to the baby just make sure you drink plenty as you can become dehydrated. Then use the fybogel regularly to stop it from happening again.

Hope this helps

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back