first midwife visit

cocoflakes

Reaction score
we had our first visit to a midwife yesterday, im 6 weeks and due at the beginning of march :)
shes coming to the house in two weeks, when will she ask about the birth etc and what i want? Ive been told you have to go on waiting lists for water births but i really want one and i dont want it to be left to late or not be able to :(

My hospital don't have a waiting list for water births but you do have to fit the criteria for the birthing centre, which basically means you have to be low-risk and trouble free. If there is a waiting lit at your hospital I'm sure there wont be a problem as you are seeing her early enough. Fx crossed you get the water birth you want :)

Can't imagine that they have a waiting list as they have no idea when anyone will go into labour

Most hospitals have birthing pools that work on a first come first served basis

Yeah I've got to agree a waiting list sounds odd. I had one with my second daughter (was induced first time so no such luck) and the only way they could say no to me (as I had a normal healthy pregnancy) was if someone else was in there..

You could always visit the option of a home water birth if there's a silly waiting list :) I'd love a homebirth next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back