Worried about GP, Help!!

bskudder

Reaction score
Hiya, I dont know if I'm being a bit sensitive so can someone explain if this is right.

I went to my GP at 4+6weeks, she told me to come back in a couple of weeks to see a nurse and another dr. I booked and attended an appt at 6+5weeks and the nurse was really snooty with me and said I had booked to early I should come back in 2 weeks for the same appt. I got quite upset as this is my first pregnancy and my GP keeps shrugging me off. When Ive read books it says you should be seeing a midwife between 7-9 weeks? This isnt going to happen as my GP wont even talk to me even though I've done as they've asked! Some advise would be great, thank you.

Hey hun. Firstly, :hugs:, I know that this is a really frustrating time. It sounds like your Dr didn't give you the right information (although I know different trusts work differently).

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't see anyone until I was 12+4 (officially, although I know I'm not that far along) and that was for my booking in appointment. I was told I should see the midwife at about 10 weeks, but I have never seen my GP to date.

Call your Drs and ask for a midwife appointment when you're about 10 weeks. They can't refuse to see you, they need to see you around this time for your booking in appointment and to get a scan date. Like I said, I didn't need to see my GP at all.

Like I said, some trusts are different, but this seems quite standard. I'm sure there are other ladies that know more about this than I do.

Try not to stress yourself out about this too much. Hugs, and fingers crossed you get some resolution soon.

xx

Do u have another appt to go back then? I was told the first midwife appt should be 8-10 weeks. I just booked mine directly at the gp reception so maybe just try that?? In my last pregnancy I saw a gp first and found them really unhelpful, they just said I should be seeing the midwife and then struggled to get an appt cuz they are so busy. Could u ask for the name and number of ur midwife and ask her directly for advice?? I hope u manage to get sorted x x

Oh how annoying! There's no need to ignore you or be rude! I saw my midwife after 9 weeks with my first and 8 weeks with my second. My current surgery waits until after 8 weeks too. Hope this helps and congratulations and good luck with your pregnancy!

Gah, there is just no need for the nurse or doctor to be so rude. It's one thing to say "Sorry, you need to come back in two weeks for this appointment, there has been a misunderstanding..." but to be all snooty just isn't necessary.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Like the other girls have said, everywhere works differently

I just phoned my GP's office and asked them how its done. They made me a midwife appt straight away, but they didn't do anything at that appt, other than take my details down.

Then I didn't have a proper appt till I was nearly 13 weeks (same day as scan)

Its rubbish your doc has fobbed you off, the best thing to do is just ask them what their process is x

How rude!!! Did they advice you to take folic acid etc?? I phoned the midwife directly and got an appt when I was 8wks, seriously some people have no manners at all sometimes!! Hope you get it sorted xx

Thank you for the support, I'm sure if they were nice and explained what they were planning I would have no worries, the last thing you want when your hormonal and tired is someone who is supposed to help be horrible and unhelpful. I have the appt they moved next thurs (8+5wks) then hopefully I wont have to deal with them again. She did ask about the Folic Acid on the plus side but when I asked about having intence cramps, whether they were linked with having painful periods she said 'could be ', so really put me at ease, especially after suffering a miscarriage a few months previously. Thank you again, wishing everyone the best in their pregnancy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back