16 Month Old Bedtime Help Please!

ButterflyBoo_x

Reaction score
Hi all :)

My 16 month old used to be a great sleeper, well untill he was about 4 months old.

now spends most nights in our bed, hes got a good bedtime routine, it started off with him walking up at 6 in the morning to come in our bed, and now for atleast the last 2 months he comes into our bed just after 12, but hes getting worse, and is now refusing to go to sleep at all in his cot, i don't want to do the crying it out method, i've done this loads of times and it just doesn't work for us.

Any suggestions? i thought maybe taking a side of his bed would help but no idea? xx

Thanks in advance xx

It's not easy listening to them cry is it? But in order to gain back your control of this situation you will have to take him straight back to bed when he comes in to you, he is wanting to know the boundries and the rules hunny, and it's up to you to set them, you may have a couple of nights where hd protests but if you stand firm it will be worth it xx

I agree with daisy, Your gonna have to stand your ground hun, i do feel for you, but put him in his cot and you lay on your bed or floor, dont talk to him and try not to look him in the eye, if he stands up or bangs, rocks ect just let him, he'll soon drop off. That might sound bad but he's safe and secure if in the middle of the night he wants your bed just reassure him he's fine and that to stay in his cot, your in for a good few night of of it hun, hopefully you'll crack it in no time. x

Last edited:
I agree with DP too. Lacey went through a phase when she was around 20 months old of getting up in the night but I just kept putting her back. it is hard to hear them cry but they need to realise their bed's for sleeping in not your's x.

If that doesn't work, you could try a little starter bed? So he has a special big boy bed of his own
When my first was 15 months old (many years ago!), he climbed out and fell out of the cot, so we brought the lowest little bed we could find, and we got a tiny one from argos , sinular to this one, brilliant.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...sery|14417537/Trail/searchtext>WOODEN+BED.htm

If that doesn't work, baby gate on the bedroom doorway!

I know it's easier said that done , so good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back