Please please help with bedtime

twinkle84

Reaction score
Ive just tried controlled crying with my 16 month old it was awful worst thing ever and resulted in me giving in and crying with him! I felt so so guilty! I have tried for an hour and I know giving in was the worst thing I could have done! Please help I don't know what to do, I think LO has a good bedtime routine and then I cuddle him and normally within 5 mins he's off! However lately it's been getting lOnger and longer and we up to over an hour! I love cuddle time but I'm back at work and have lots of school work to do that recentlyit's gone 10 most nights before I can start anything! We start bedtime at 6:45!! X

Sorry hun, I'm nowhere near your stage, but I would say that an hour isnt long for us, but then maybe younger babies generally take longer to settle?

Perhaps longer naps in the daytime or earlier bedtime? Is his room dark enough? X

Thanks ladies! I know an hour wasn't long just couldn't bear it any longer maybe cos he older but really shouting and screaming and stood up arms open! It's my fault there's no other reason such as room being too light it's me he sleeps anywhere so long as I rock him off and he just wants to be with me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back