12 & 20 Week Scans.

SarahCarps2be

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Again it's me!

My friend who's also expecting in my work, who's 15 days behind me! (How odd!), just mentioned that obviously on the 12 week scan the EDD, is most likely going to change as the GP usually works it out on LMP.

I got put back 5 days from my 12 week scan.

She just mentioned to me now that the EDD could change again on the 20 week scan!?
Is this right? I just thought the anomaly scan was more to do with the organs and seeing if there are deformities with the baby?

Anyone have any idea!?

:) Ta!

My dates didnt change at the 20 week scan, they asked when my LMP was and then asked me my EDD and carried on with the checks x

They checked Pickle's growth at my 20 week scan and my EDD stayed the same. Yours might change, as its one of their checks.
x

They checked my lo's growth and said it was bang on for 20 weeks and my due date wasn't changed xx

My EDD didn't change at the 20 week scan but measurements were taken to establish if the date given at the 12 week scan was correct x

Oooh, I dont know thbh, I hope mine doesnt get put back again!!! x

I don't think they generally change it. My baby was measuring a little small at 20 weeks, but the sonographer said that earlier scans are usually more accurate due to the massive developmental changes/differences, and its not so accurate later as baby's grow at different rates.
It might depend on the hospital tho, I don't know if they have different policies!

I don't think they change your EDD at the 20 week scan unless there are very unusual circumstances. I was told the 12 week scan date was far more accurate.

I asked this particular question to the sonographer at my 12 week scan. I was told that the EDD was determined at that appointment and would not change.

My date didn't change at my 20wk scan. The EDD was already in my notes and its more accurate at 12wks than it would be at 20wks so they just go by the EDD given to u at 12wk scan :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back