Question on 20 week scan

jennywren

Reaction score
Out of interest, when you have your 12 week scan (or 8 in my case lol) and they give you your EDD, then when you have your 20 week scan do they give you another EDD or confirm your orginal EDD or what?

I don't think so.....the reason I say this is because my mw filled in my matb1 (or mat1b?) form at my last appointment, and she said she had been waiting to see what EDD my 12 week gave me as that would become my confirmed due date....so I don;t think they change it again, but then I haven't had mine so maybe someone who has would be more help x

My midwife said they don't change the due date again after the 12 week scan.

apparently the 12 week scan is the most accurate so they wont change your dates after that xxx

same here, my midwife said the 12 week one was the most accurate and that they usually stick to that.

She said that with the 20 week scan they take an average of measurements and that they can be upto a week out beause babies start to grow at different rates..........

My dates were slightly different at my 20 week scan but my EDD wasn't changed. I got told that at your 12 week scan they are usually acurate within 3 days either side.

OK ladies thank you very much, thats a great help

OH is worried cause im due 20th April, his bday is 11th April and he said he dont wanna be in the hospital having me screaming at him on his birthday ha ha (in other words he doesnt wanna miss a night on the piss for his birthday :rotfl: )

my babies due on his birthday jennywren!!!

missac said:
my babies due on his birthday jennywren!!!

im going to try and make ours come then as well ha ha - not that I can, but I mean like drink the rasberry tea and stuff to try and help it along lol - or is that cruel

Well I saw a consultant today and in my MW notes it is listed as EDD 17/04/07 and on my Scan its listed as 20/04/07 which is what ive been going by, but Dr said I should go by 17/04/07, but then she said its only 3 days though so it doesnt matter to much as long as its not a +7 or -7 difference on the scan to whats been worked out.

I thought it bloody matters to me if I can state in 3 days further on than I am lol

She said it prolly wont come on the date anyway and will be early or late pmsl so to just think arround that date he he

Hi

This is what confuses me, we dont get 12 weeks scans here only our one around 20 weeks so how is it that we would get a accurate edd then? soooo confusing
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back