Zika Virus - All Inclusive booked for Antigua in February

I'd also be worried about the amount of insecticides that are being used. I can't imagine they are good to breath in.

Hi myself and my partner are booked on a carribean cruise for 2 weeks, we leave next week, I will be 14 weeks when we go, I have been concerned about this virus for a while and have been following it on the news, we were originally booked to have a weeks stay in Barbados but seeing it listed on the WHO website we changed it for a second week on the ship. I have had 2 appointments with my GP to discuss this and chatted to my partner and family and the doc says the actual risk of anything happening is low if we take the necessary precautions (which we obviously will). We will be getting on and off the ship as we please and only staying in each place for a day at the most before going back on the ship. We have had this booked for a while and spent a lot of money on it so we did not want to cancel. I am not looking to be told I am silly for going, this is our choice and with us being the precautionary people we are we feel the risk of contracting it is low. Like other people are saying it has been around for a while just become more of a problem and there is always a risk of something wherever you go in the world. I think as long as you bear it in mind and take extra care why shouldn't we be able to enjoy the amazing holiday that we have planned. Maybe I am being selfish but I wouldn't be going if it hadn't been thought through.

After everything has started to settle and the numbers of how many cases of microcephaly have come to light as well as Antigua not being affected we have decided to keep our holiday.

The media have done a fantastic job to create mass hysteria about this by making up what they don't know.

Just make sure you protect yourself. Citronella is a good one as quite natural and if you need to spray your room maybe get your Oh to do it while you are out of room so it's cleared by the time you are back. Enjoy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back