Tip for BF:ing and travelling in public transport

BabyMagic

Reaction score
Hello Ladies :wave:

Hope you don't mind me posting this thread but I thought you may appreciate my tip (if you are planning to breastfeed or travel in public transport).

I wish I had checked where the best nursing places are BEFORE LO was born. I mean places where you are likely to go, such as shopping centres, coffee shops (some toilets are just OUT OF QUESTION) etc. So maybe you could be a bit cleverer and check these while on maternity leave (if you haven't already done so)??? Perhaps this could make you more confident about going out particularly when LO is very small (and if you don't want to get your boob out just anywhere - not that there is nothing wrong with that if you feel comfortable with that).

I wish I had also checked more carefully how travelling with a pram would be in different public transport. I live in London and some tube/train stations are just awful. I am just finding out where they have lifts etc. Having said that the first few weeks LO travelled in a sling, so there were no probs. Now it's getting a bit more difficult as LO doesn't sleep as much so she isn't happy in a sling for hours on end.

I look forward to seeing you all in the baby section.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancies and births :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the advice :hug:

Hope you are enjoying motherhood :D

very good tip, Thanks
Im in the get your boob out brigade, but understand how you can feel awkward.

I had been wondering about this because I'm not sure how I'm going to feel getting my boob out :oops: But I really want to breastfeed so I'm glad you posted!

Thank you :hug: xx

Thanks for posting this!!

Id also like to point it, its also illegal for anyone to stop you bfing in public
x
x

Mildly - motherhood is the best thing which has ever happened to me. I am sure you'll love it too (particularly when the baby gets a bit older and isn't only crying)

Aramintalovegrove - Good on you. You can show some example to us with your 'get your boob out attitude'. Interestingly, I am fine to breastfeed in cafes etc if I am with other mums. I also don't mind feeding in parks etc, but wouldn't do it just anywhere (plus at this age LO gets too distracted and forgets to eat if there is too much stimulation around her :rotfl: )

Danniiii - Before having LO I thought that I would express some milk and then bottle feed her when out :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: How wrong was I - that would be far to complicated (not to mention that LO refuses a bottle!!!)

Steelgoddess, sadly its not illegal to stop a bfing mother, its only illegal in Scotland, English law is still processing that one :wall: There are certain right for bfing mothers but only up until 6 months of age. Complete tw*ts our government! :x

:think: i may sound niave but why would anyone stop a BFing mother??? :doh:

***vix*** said:
:think: i may sound niave but why would anyone stop a BFing mother??? :doh:

Because some people are offended by a woman - shock, horror - using her breast for their original design rather than getting their baps out for the titilation of men... :evil:

Apparently these people think a mother feeding her child is disgusting and should be banished to a filthy, germy, piss-ridden toilet.

(I'm a boob-out girl and WOE BETIDE the first person who makes a comment or asks me to move... :twisted: )

Check out this news article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ald's.html

Breastfeeding mothers stage protest over ban at McDonald's
A group of mothers staged a protest at a branch of McDonald's after one of them was asked to leave for breastfeeding her baby.

By Richard Savill
Last Updated: 10:37PM BST 18 Jul 2008

The fast food chain has apologized to Maddie Reynolds, 27, a nursery nurse, after a junior manager asked her to stop feeding her 10-week-old daughter Sophie in public.

When she refused the request, Miss Reynolds said the manager asked her to leave the branch in Bournemouth, Dorset.

She said: "I was breastfeeding when I was asked to stop doing it by a member of staff. I said 'no' and he then said 'will you please leave?'. I refused and carried on.

"He stood and watched me for a few minutes and went away. I was quite upset but I was not prepared to leave."

Miss Reynolds, who had been on a shopping trip, returned home, and told six of her friends about her experience.

They went as a group to the restaurant and breastfed their babies as a protest.

"We just wanted to prove a point to them," Miss Reynolds said.

Another protestor, Catherine Davis, 19, who was accompanied by her seven-week-old daughter, Amelia, criticised the treatment of her friend.

She said: "It is the most natural thing to feed your baby. There is nothing wrong with it.

"I have breastfed in public and no-one has ever said anything to me. It is fine as long as you are discreet."

A third mother, Nicky Clark added: "My son is five-months-old and I am still feeding him. Luckily no-one has ever said anything to me. There is no reason why people should not be able to breastfeed."

A spokesman for McDonald's said breastfeeding mothers were welcome in its restaurants.

She said: "This manager was working unilaterally and not following company policy at all.

"We are disappointed and shocked by his actions and we would like to apologise to the customer.

"If another customer ever expressed their discomfort about breastfeeding we would encourage them to move, rather than the mum.

"What we do not want to do is to make mums feel as if they have to hide away."

The spokesman said the manager's actions "have been discussed with him and he is now fully in touch with company policy."

Yeah cause ppl are ignorant and like to complain about everything!!!

I could of sworn it was over here too, sorry for the wrong information that sucks big time!!!

Good grief this country goes doen hill more and more by the day/!!

I'd love someone to come up and ask me to stop. I can be a right sarcastic cow when I am in the mood :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back