your opinions of been induced?

Taassh_0x

Reaction score
Hey ladies, second post today sorry. Hope u and bump are all well first of all :) in the next couple of weeks im either having a c-section or been induced. However I've heard a lot of horror stories about been induced. If any of u ladies have been induced; i'd be more than grateful for you to share your experience and what procedures u have? I have a massive needle phobia so its important i prepare myself for any expected needles, so let me know please if u don't mind. Thank you xx

I was induced with my son as my waters went 5 days early and my contractions didnt start...I was just put straight on the drip...I have a phobia of needles too and had to have the thing in my hand to get the drip in urgh...

Once the drama of getting that in was over...it was all that bad....they kept turning up the drip every 15 minutes and after about 3 hours I had an epidural!! After that, it was fine!!

Total labour 9 hours..the hardest bit was them getting the drip in but my best advice is try to be as relaxed as possible...I was tense which made it even harder!!!

xx

I talked to my mw yesterday about induction, as conveniently my brother is getting married exactly 2 weeks after my due date, and no-one wants us to miss the wedding. She said to start with that theres a pessary or something similar that they put inside your cervix to see if that'll quick start it, and then after i think 24 hours, they'll try another option and if that doesn't work then its waters breaking and a drip. It may not be the same at all hospitals, so its worth checking with your mw how it would be done

I haven't been induced but I did have my labour sped up by the drip, I am an absolute wimp with needles so when they put the cannular in the back of my hand they let me have the gas and air (although I was already using it in labour) , it would be worth asking if you need the drip, I knew I wouldn't cope with the cannular going in otherwise. x

Hi hun, I don't have an answer for you, sorry. But will be keeping an eye on this thread as I'd like to know, too. I've done loads of research on induction but it's mostly medical mumbo jumbo I've read so I'd like to hear peoples stories, as I'm so nervous about being induced myself!

I was induced. I had 4 sweeps prior to having the 24 hour pessary. They put the 24 hour pessary in just behind your cervix. The pessary is used to try and get your cervix softer so they can break your waters which would hopefully start contractions.
After 24 hours I still wasn't even 1cm dilated! I was told then that I'd be moved onto labour ward where they would try get my labour started off. 7 hours later I was finally moved to labour ward where they managed to break my waters. I was told to go for a walk for an hour then would be put on the drip to get my contractions regular.
Once they had broken my waters, the contractions started instantly and were quite painful and all in my back. After we had our walk, I had the canula put in the back of my hand and the drip started.
Within about 30 minutes I couldn't talk through my contractions and about anhour later I asked for an epidural. Long story short it didn't work and I had to carry on withh just gas and air.
My waters were broken at 7pm and I had my baby at 3.44am.

I found it extremely painful but I'm not sure if that was down to being induced making it more painful or whether I would have had that much pain if I had gone into labour naturally.

Thanks ladies. I found ur andwers very helpful. Cant wait till its all over with aha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back