due to be induced

andypandy

Reaction score
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:55 pm Post subject: due to be induced next sat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, im booked in to be induced next sat and i will be 39+4 days. I have been in latent labour from last sat and am 2 and a half cm dilated, and babys head is now down. Im being induced as I have pre eclampsia and they do not want to let me go overmy due date and they wanted to do it sooner but have no beds. A midwife comes out to my home daily now to check bp etc and if it stays below 130/95 then i can stay at home and come in on sat for induction, however if it goes up again, or protien in urine goes up again then I have to go straight in for a section, which I dont want. I have been in and out of hospital all week and as bp is now steady and blood tests have show that pre eclampsia isint affecting the baby, im no longer an emergency and sat is the 1st avaible date for induction. also I was told the extra week would make my cervix more favourable etc. Im getting scared now, can someone tell me what my induction will entail? My midwife said mine shouldnt be too bad as im already over 2cm. I would like to go naturally however ob said that because of my pre eclampsia its better to do it in a controlled way. Has any one ever had any experience of this. Any advice appreciated thanks.

Hi :wave:

Welcome to the forum, I would recommend posting this in the 'Ask a mum' section too as there will be ladies in there that can give you their experiences, but I think with induction they insert a pessary to encourage labour to start/ progress......

......I don't know if that answers your question enough for you? :?

Lots of luck for next saturday, I hope all goes well, and hope your BP stays down :hug:

ive got my induction tomorrow and i wass told that they would moniter baby for about half hour and then insert a pessire and come back 6 hours later (if no progrss by then) and either break my waters of give me another pesserie if they dont work then i dont know any more as that is all i was told.

Hello,

I was induced with my first because she was 2 weeks late.

I was very worried about it but when I went into hospital they were all very nice. I had an internal when I got there and then they inserted the gel at about 10pm. I woke at 3am with contractions but they were not strong enough to do anything. So the following evening they gave me pethadine to stop them so the next morning they could insert more gel.

By that evening they were able to break my waters and hook me up to a hormone drip to speed up contractions. I had my daughter the following day. It did not mean I had to stay in longer afterwards though.

In a way it was nice to settle into the hospital (being so nervous) before anything major happened. By the time I went home I was so used to being waited on it was like a culture shock!

Hope this helps

Good luck! :D

cant help with your question hun but good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111