Your hubby's

My OH kayaks on a Tuesday evening & plays squash on a Sunday morning. Im perfectly happy with that as he works hard so deserves some time out x

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Mine is just a workaholic. I wish he had some other hobbies other than his business. When hes not working we are all together. I like it that way too. I tend to see my friends/family when hes at work in the day time. Xx

tapatalking

My dh finds he doesn't have as much time for his old hobbies. He used to always be running, cycling, playing 5 asides, etc etc, but now all he does really is golf. He doesn't go 'out' much and doesn't spend time hanging around at his friends so he does spend most of his free time with LO even if not with me at the same time. We like to get alone time just me by myself or him by himself so we each get peace and quiet.
With golf when the weather is good he can sometimes be out for hours on end, but it's not that often and at the weekends he prefers to leave early in the morning so he's back for us getting up.
I've got it good with my dh tbh, he does so much cleaning, nappies, washing, etc that I'm spoiled in that way. He makes up the bottles every day and tidies the house. It's just what we got used to after my mobility issues in pregnancy then c-section recovery and it's kind of stuck ever since.

He's given up a lot since having LO, as have I obviously, but we aim to get most of our hobbies back once she's a bit older xx

Mine used to do hockey, climbing, triathlons, gym and go out drinking once a week.
Now he goes climbing every now and again and since his iron man last year hasn't done anymore triathlons and goes out drinking very rarely. He does this as he wants to spend more time with us and sve more money.

Diane your hubby has very healthy hobbies and probably hasn't even considered giving them up and is so helpful with Skyler. Unless you're really annoyed at the situation or want more 'you' time, I wouldn't worry too much.
Xxx

My husband was never much for going out without me and most of the things we used to do together we still do but take J too. He runs, but not as much as he used to. I actually encourage him to run more, but he says there will be plenty of time for running, but J will not be little for long. He goes to running club every Thursday and I encourage him to stay down there and have a couple of pints afterwards. He likes a long run at the weekend and will be gone a couple of hours, but we plan this when it's convenient for both of us.

I get the same (and more besides). He puts J to bed every night, sometimes I help and we do it together other times I go for a run or relax. At the weekend, I usually go for a run when he gets back. I have a far better social life than he does, I go out every couple of weeks while he stays home with J.

Diane - I actually don't think your husbands activities are excessive, if he's home every afternoon and helps out lots. But it's about how you feel and what you want as a family. And also, do you get to do the things you want? This would be key to me, if you don't perhaps it's time to sit down and say, I'd like to do X, can you cut a gym session so we can achieve it? Otherwise I would be glad that he has outside activities, I imagine it makes him enjoy the time he spends with you more.

I actually find it beneficial that OH does a few things without us.

I imagine that working 10 hours a day and coming home to me and James everyday would get quite monotonous.

OH is very into music and has a friend who lives down the road with a music room. All his records and stuff are at his friends and once a week (sometimes more or less) he'll go down there for the evening. OH has 4 brothers and they are all really close so it's not unusual for him to take his computer round to one of their houses and they all get together for a few beers / pizza.

I probably only go out once a month - although I do see friends in the day with baby - and I find it recharges my batteries.

We've always been really independent (we've had to odd separate holiday before :shock:) so I think it's important to retain that to a degree. Sometimes I just don't have the energy or enthusiasm to be good company so I am happy OH has people he can pop out and see and have some 'grown-up' time.

It's very rare for OH not to see James at some point during the evening though?

xxxxxx

How often do your husbands spend every week doing hobbies/seeing friends etc? I think my hubby is taking the piss to be honest but just wanted to see what the "average" man seems to do!

I have to agree with you!!! It totally sucks! I'm not just with a baby, I have 2 dogs to occupy too and all in a one bedroom little flat. Xx

I feel your pain! We have 2 dogs and 2 cats! X

My oh annoyed me today. He got in from faffing with whatever, I gave Hannah to him to occupy while I sorted her lunch, she is screaming, I turn around and he's on the bloody iPad!! He drives me up the wall. The only thing he really does with her is a bath. Sometimes changes her but that about it. And when he's not on the xbox/watching a film/on the ipad/on the phone/at the gym/faffing with his car etc, he might be on the floor with her for a little while. When we are out or have visitors it's a completely different story though. Really winds me up. Lol. Sorry for the winge. Xx

How often do your husbands spend every week doing hobbies/seeing friends etc? I think my hubby is taking the piss to be honest but just wanted to see what the "average" man seems to do!

I have to agree with you!!! It totally sucks! I'm not just with a baby, I have 2 dogs to occupy too and all in a one bedroom little flat. Xx

I feel your pain! We have 2 dogs and 2 cats! X

It's mad isn't it! Xx

my oh drops in on his family after work 1 day a week for an hour or two and sometimes goes and plays golf with his dad, thats it

0 time.
Of he is not working and not out shopping etc e is with me.
We always do sth as a family either that is to see some friends or to go to the shops, cinema etc.
We don't drink alcohol other than maybe eggnog and a cider occasionally with a movie so I suppose that's a huge part why we don't really have nights out other than ofc we are usually dead tired from work and we are not 20 anymore ha ha...
Anyway when I moved in Norway knowing here actually none else other than my oh he promised me that all of his plans will include me too.
He never broke his promise. If we had plans to go somewhere and I can't make it hen he dosent go either.
I do quite a lot of fun things with him though and I take part on most of his hobbies like orienting in the woods, hiking, gaming, geo caches, sailing etc.
And if I decide to spend the day lets say just scrapbooking he either helps me or sits near me doing sth too or in the yard cutting grass etc. we always go to bed at the same time so we are actually all the time together. He is my soulmate...
We both have quite a lot of work related gala dinners and things like that where we always also go like a couple regardless if its his or mine, anyway on those formal events you usually have to be accompanied anyway.
Between all that and the baby we are actually way too old to have any club nights or anything similar alone or together :roll:

0 time.
Of he is not working and not out shopping etc e is with me.
We always do sth as a family either that is to see some friends or to go to the shops, cinema etc.
We don't drink alcohol other than maybe eggnog and a cider occasionally with a movie so I suppose that's a huge part why we don't really have nights out other than ofc we are usually dead tired from work and we are not 20 anymore ha ha...
Anyway when I moved in Norway knowing here actually none else other than my oh he promised me that all of his plans will include me too.
He never broke his promise. If we had plans to go somewhere and I can't make it hen he dosent go either.
I do quite a lot of fun things with him though and I take part on most of his hobbies like orienting in the woods, hiking, gaming, geo caches, sailing etc.
And if I decide to spend the day lets say just scrapbooking he either helps me or sits near me doing sth too or in the yard cutting grass etc. we always go to bed at the same time so we are actually all the time together. He is my soulmate...
We both have quite a lot of work related gala dinners and things like that where we always also go like a couple regardless if its his or mine, anyway on those formal events you usually have to be accompanied anyway.
Between all that and the baby we are actually way too old to have any club nights or anything similar alone or together :roll:

Awe Hope that's so sweet!!! :) xxx

tapatalking

monday-friday OH works. he gets home at 6.45pm and dex goes to bed at 8.30pm so he spends that time with dex while i do some chores/cook dinner. then once dex is in bed he has an hour to himself and an hour with me.
at the weekend we make sure we do things as a family. but if he wants to do his own thing for a few hours he is allowed, same as me if i wanna do my own thing.

he used to rip he absolute piss out of me and it got to the point where we were hanging on by a thread and i made it very clear to him that he had to prioritize me and dexter, and he really got the message when he realized how serious i was about it.

My oh works full time then on days off he is working on my business. I'm a lucky girl :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My OH and I spend every minute together. He lost his job a few months ago and has struggled to find another. Luckily though we get on amazingly well, very rarely argue (the only things we argue about are like, who is gonna carry Scott in the baby carrier, who is gonna bath him etc lol) and he is an amazing hands on Daddy. He does all the night feeds and has done since Scott was born, changes bums, cooks dinner 3/4 times a week and bathes Scott nightly. He does no household chores though which I'm secretly pleased about because his standard is not as high as mine lol.

We are struggling financially obviously so we don't do much that costs money, we go for a lot of walks together with the dog because it's free lol. My OH moved down to live with me when we met 6 years ago so he rarely sees his old friends, occasionally he goes and stays with them for a night but that only happens every 3 or 4 months.

I like it the way it is, I'm glad we spend so much time together and when he does stay at a friends house occasionally I miss him terribly. When he was working I missed him so much and I know I will feel the same when he starts work again. If he had loads of hobbies without me I would be gutted. The way I see it we are best friends as well as a couple so I want to spend my time with him and I expect him to feel the same, which I think he does.

Wow that sounds a bit weird :blush: the amount of time we spend together isn't for everyone though but for us it works :) x

tapatalkin

When my hubby isnt working, we spend our time together as a family.
He has always been a family man and we love our quality family time together xx

My OH does work, home and cooks for me then we chill out. He has no friends as such except our like 3 couple friends but we only really see one.

We are anti social buggers. I like the peace. I have loads of friends which MAT leave has allowed me to catch up whilst he's at work, but when he's home. We are all together.

xxxxx

My hubby spends 0 hours. When he's not at work we spend ALL our time together. That's prob not normal to most people but we like it that way xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So glad there's another couple like me and my OH!

When he's not at work were usually together. We have all the same friends so when we go out we usually all get together have a catch up. Other than that we spend our time together walking the dogs, going out for meals, watching crap on tv or watching a film.

It's not very exciting, but it's just how we like it :D

x x x

I get excited! Lol, like today for example, OH is in at 5 and I'm all looking forward to coming in so we can eat & watch tv together then get Jackson ready for bed.

xxxxx

I think we have a balance, he's working all week so I do the cooking/bathing/cleaning etc but when LO goes to bed that's when I get my time and go for a run or out for a drink once a month as he doesn't really drink or go out.

OH goes to the gym in work lunch then spends the weekend on the boat/surfing or house maintenance but depends on the weather sometimes i do my own thing on the weekend during the day if I need to catch up on work then he will have LO. In the evenings that's when we get our time together or will spend an afternoon together. He doesn't spend as much time as I thought he would with LO but LO is a daddy's boy through and through!

Relationship dynamics are so different as long as your both happy that's all that matters :) for me spending too much time together means I get nothing done and I love to be busy, if he had hobbies in the evening I'd be restricted and likewise if I made him look after LO more he'd be restricted. I go back to work next week full time on top a new company I set up so I will probably eat my words in a months time wishing he had LO more!!!xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back