midwife/health visitors visits

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello!!!

I would like to know how often did your midwife/health visitor come to see you once back from hospital?

I have been told it was every day but it seems a lot to me!!!

Thanks

Nathalie

Hi ya, once home from hospital, the midwife will come up to 10 days. They will prob miss a few days in between. At 12 days, the health visitor will come round, and then again a week l8tr. Every health prof are different, but this is what they do where i live. Hope this helps.

we were visited every day for a minimum of 10 days by MW, then she handed over to HV. but we told our midwife from about 5 days that we didn''t need her to call in we just wanted to be left to get on with it.
They kept giving us cinflicting advice and it was stressing me and hubby out! :evil: so we told them politely to go away! :?

Is it your own midwife who cared for you when you were PG who visits you or does any old community midwife do it?
I have a consistent midwife whom I see each antenatel appointment and like her and get on with her. But I know my hospital has a lot of community midwives attatched to it.

i mainly saw my midwife who did all my antenatal stuff, but for 3 days over august bank holiday i had a different one who gave different advice to my usual mw, she told med i might have a uterine infection, and my mw said 'rubbish..you havd a full bladder!' i was v annoyed as i worried so did hubby...as my mumended up with an infection after having me and ended up with a hysterectomy! :evil:

That's what I worry about, having too much conflicting advice. It's bad enough when pregnant but must be even scarier and worrying after baby is born.
My midwife and hospital already dissagree with eachother :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back