Favourite children's books

beanie

Reaction score
What were your favourite books when you were little.

Mine were all the Dr Suess one's and a book called Hugo and Oddsock, it was my favourite book ever. I do have my copy somewhere which I would love to pass on to Seren but xcan't find it so will try and buy it again. She already has all the Dr Suess books and her bedroom is decorated with pictures of the characters. This is one of my favouite things about being a mum, passing on these great stories :D .

My kids are absolutely mad about Dr. Suess. I'm not sure what to choose as favourite - there are so many.
I've kept all the childrens books - we're all just totally book crazy! I guess if there's an all round favourite, it'll be "Percy the Park Keeper". We'll all vote for him! :dance:
Emilia xx

I loved all the ladybird books - mum keeps finding old battered ones for us - buying new ones just isn't the same.

Charlotte brought her book club leaflet home the other day and there was a book in it called 'the owl who was afraid of the dark' and I just had to get it for her, just so I can read it again.

Hi i think the one's i used to like when i was younger were the famous five books. And amelia jane too.

I've still got all my ladybird books. They're in Reece's cupboard ready for him.

I loved the Puddle Lane books
All Enid Blyton and R Dahl eg. famous five, the twits

But my fave were the Beano and Dandy, i still have all my comics and annuals

*jumps up and down*

THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR!!!!

oooo Urchin i loved that!!! :lol: I never had it though i had to keep getting it out of school library :(

Was there another one like that? I'm thinking 'Old woman that ate a spider' but not sure :? :?:

I should also say if you want a FANTASTIC book to buy to read to your little one get "The Snail And The Whale"
You can buy it as a board book, but it's a regular book too... I read it to Mason all the time it all rhymes like this....

"This is a tale of a tiny snail and a great big grey-blue humpback whale.
This is a rock, as black as soot, and this is the snail with an itchy foot.
The sea snail slithered all over the rock and gazed at the sea and the ships in the dock,
"How I long to sail" said the tiny snail"

It goes on and on like that it is an amazing book!

more info here

hearts81 said:
oooo Urchin i loved that!!! :lol: I never had it though i had to keep getting it out of school library :(

Was there another one like that? I'm thinking 'Old woman that ate a spider' but not sure :? :?:

There was an old woman who swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed a fly perhaps she'll die :lol:

The book had holes in the pages so you could see all the animals she had swallowed LOL

I remember that one, it was ace!! Also loved the hngrey caterpillar, they had it in mothercare and I was stood there reading it, for research purposes you know, to see if it was suitable for Seren honest :D

Don't forget 'The Jolly Postman' :D

I used to love all those little letters !!

urchin said:
hearts81 said:

There was an old woman who swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed a fly perhaps she'll die :lol:

The book had holes in the pages so you could see all the animals she had swallowed LOL

Thats the one lol nearly there. I loved that too!!! :D

Ohhhh I loved the Hungry Caterpiller!!!

I also loved Mr. Meebles who was a very short man with a very tall hat.

Plus anything by Roald Dhal esp the Twits

Oooooooh my favourite author was Enid Blyton - think it was her who wrote "The Magic Faraway Tree" - what a wicked story :dance: and when I was a bit older I love the chronicles of Narnia - I first read that about 20 years ago and was chuffed to bits when I heard they were making a film as I did buy the BBC series on video when it came out years ago..

Um I loved reading as a kid!

L x

Mason's very first book was the very hungry caterpillar, he's had it read to him on a regular basis for 4 and a half years.

Last year, I had a letter home from school saying it would soon be time for the kids to pick a book from the school library to bring home. The very first day I was all excited wondering what, out of all of the hundreds of book, he would choose.

Yep, you guessed it. The bloody caterpillar! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back