Your BFP.....

Andreabrad

Reaction score
Me on OH were TTC, sort of.
Took 9 days after coming off the pill.

So April fools day was upon us and I thought I would April fools him. Do a test and say it was positive.

It was. I nearly shit myself! Was around 5-6 weeks but as I'd had no period, I had no idea!!

And now my bean is 12 weeks old :)

xxx

Mine was a total anti climax!! We were sort of trying, same as you. I'd come off the pill and we were taking the approach of if it happens, it happens but weren't putting any pressure on ourselves. So anyway, first morning of missed period I done a test and got a faint bfp. We were both looking at it unsure and didn't really know what to think! OH had to then go to work so I ended up holding my pee and doing another test which gave me a stronger bfp so I text him a picture! He had to do a 12 hour shift that day so we couldn't really celebrate the moment properly!
Wasnt exactly the running into each others arms movie moment id thought it would be lol! Xx

First time I came off the pill after our honeymoon to Gambia and had to wait for the anti malaria drugs to wear off, waited for af, nothing, thought it could take months to arrive, mentioned it to the doc at an appointment for a chest infection and she said your probably pregnant, yep I was 5 weeks pregnant!

Heartbreakingly I had a mc at 8 weeks so was waiting for af to arrive so we could try again, again she never came so I thought I should test! Woo hoo! Bfp!

Must be fertile! X

I stopped my pill in October 2011 and my periods became regular quite quickly but every month a tested (wishfull thinking) and nothing! February came and my period was 2 days late so I dared to do a test and got a faint BFP! My oh and I just sort of stared at it, it felt quite anticlimactic for us too! I don't think my oh believed it!
I then had the most horrific dr appointment where the GP gave me a half hour lecture about how most first pregnancies end in miscarriage so not to get my hopes up...(the woman was evil and I've moved since!)
And here we are now with an 11 week old! :D

Ah i like these stories.

We had been actively ttc since July 2010. omg, it was so hard facing the reality of disappointment every month. To cut a very long story short, we got our bfp a year and a half later. X

We wasnt ttc. I thought i'd missed a period but with it being feb and a leap year i thought i'd got dates wrong. Brought a test and left it days til we did it as really didnt think i was pregnant.

Tested on mothers day and got a bfp, couldnt of been happier :)

We had been ttc for 4 months. I thought I was out as I thought af had arrived, but when she went away a day later I thought it was strange. I thought nothing of it until a couple of days later, when I started to think how strange it was. I did a cheap pregnancy test then and could see a line if I held it up to the light. That was in the evening. I decided to do a frer the next morning. Oh was away that night so kept my mouth shut.
Got a positive on the frer the next morning, tried to get hold of oh who had a flat battery and had forgotten his phone charger! Sent him a text telling him I was pregnant, got one back saying who's is it?!!!
Had a lot of scares during those early weeks but now have a healthy and happy 19 month old and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Mine was a surprise as I was in the pill , I was 5 days late and decided to do a test , I thought it would I'd been negative as I as stressed in work and thought that was prob the reason my period was late x

We were ttc, it was month 3

At dpo I had some spotting and I thought it might be implantation

I woke up 8dpo and my boobs were so sore, I knew it was too early to test but I did one anyway to satisfy the addict in me and I got a bfp on a cheapie. I was in the ensuite, and I was literally doing a weird tiptoe dance in and out of the bathroom to bedroom. So I did another test (I had saved my pee in a cup) and it was a bfp. I cautiously did a CBD and it said pregnant! I think I squeaked!

I then phoned hubby who was at work and said

"I'm pregnant!"

He replied

"Aye?"

When he came home we then went through the its not official till a doctor says chat - and I wanted to punch him :lol:

This is a brill thread so nice to read...

Mine did NOT go to plan!

Me and hubby had been trying for nearly 4 years :( I was at rock bottom. It was my birthday, oh was leaving for work in 2 weeks time, I had just got over being ill so we went out to a party, had drunken (ahem) and didn't do any of my legs in the crap as I was past my ov date (we didn't dtd in my ov time as I was too ill) then oh became very poorly so I slept on sofa for the rest of his leave so no more sex. The morning he was leaving we went to have breakfast at his fave and from there got picked up by a work mate. On my way home I went to boots to get some pads (I was 2days late, but this isn't unusual, pregnancy was not on my mind) I also bought a pregnancy test for when Oh got back in April when we would try again. When I got home I saw a cheap preg kit left, I just do not know why, even now, I peed on the stick. Came back negative. When I emptied the bin a day later I saw it had a really really dark line on it...PREGNANT. Well I immediately ripped open the clear blues...2-3 weeks pregnant! I just cried, phoned oh (he was in uk) and just cried down the phone, I'm bloody pregnant! I wanted to surprise him nicely, but when it came, I couldn't believe it and just wanted to shout it from the rooftops.

So I got my BFP when I wasn't 'trying'

I had been off the pill for over a year because I had been on it for 9 years and was aware it could take a while to get back to normal. We properly started ttc in the August but after still having no period I went to the doctor, was given a scan and they confirmed pcos. I was referred for treatment as my gp said if I'm having no period I won't get pregnant.

I was due to see the consultant at the end of November. My dad was getting married on the 15th October so told myself I wouldn't worry about it because until I'd had treatment it wouldn't happen anyway and I should just enjoy the wedding.

Around mid November I started to feel really poorly and had awful pains. Went to my GP who was worried as thought it could be a ruptured cyst. Did a pregnancy test and said 'you won't be surprised to hear your not pregnant' and sent me off to the hospital where I was admitted for investigations. They did blood tests and said my hcg was raised but as I was in so much pain it was probably ectopic. They kept taking blood tests and the hcg doubled every day.

They sent me home with an appointment for a scan the week after. I didn't know how to feel! Daren't get excited incase there was something wrong. But went for my scan and there was my tiny baby!

It was amazing! Ahh makes me smile thinking about it. Although next time I would like to avoid hospital admission! Ha ha.

January 25 was my due date for my first angel bean. I was so sad that the date was approaching and I wasn't pregnant again. A huge pain in my heart was that we had to fix the nursery room as we were getting down the walls while we renovating the bedroom and had to be done right then. We were fixing a nursery for a bean that would never been born and not only that but I wasn't even pregnant again until that awful first due date...
I was quite miserable and crying quite often and then AF was due and I got no cramps. I always had bad cramps so it was quite weird that I didn't get any and AF wasn't there when I woke up. I was even wearing a pad fully prepared for her to arrive as we only managed to DTD once like 4 days before ovulation and once 4 days after ovulation so it wasn't looking so good anyway...
I poased on a cheepie, left it in the bathroom to dry and went to make coffee. 10 min later I remembered the test and I went back. It was positive!!! I was in a complete shock I was crying to the girls in our mc thread here, manage to get to work but I was so bloody shaking that I didn't know what to do with my self. I bought a digi from the hospitals pharmacy and i saw pregnant on it! I left the hospital for the day lol and I came home still completely shaking. I sent a message to my oh with the picture of the digi and his response was oh crap! Oh dear!
Then they followed 3 horrific months of trimester 1 with me crying before each scan and I aid a crap load of them, then a pretty worrying 2 trimester and then an awful 3 trimester in absolute agony... And then she was finally here lol :) she is 4 m today in exact day that 1 year ago I go that BFP.

Mine isn't the nicest of stories (but there is a happy ending so I guess it is happy??)

I had 3 miscarraiges in 2011 @ 8 weeks, 5 weeks and 6 weeks so in January 2012 we had tests at the recurrent miscarriage clinic. This involved me having 14 vials of blood in one sitting :shock: :shock: (I also had 2 internal scans at a later date and OH had to have blood tests too)

We were told after the tests we could carry on TTC so on Valentine's Day I got my smiley face on a digital OPK. So James was conceived then!! Very ironic considering we don't celebrate Valentine's day LOL!!

I got my BFP on 1st March, the day before we went back to get our results from RMC. (they showed 'no reason' for our recurrrent losses). OH knew I was testing but when I gave him the test - showing a pregnant 2-3 weeks he was all confused and asked me where the smiley face was..

We couldn't really celebrate though, we'd had too many losses.

I went onto high dose folic acid and tried to keep myself calm. We first saw baby on 23rd March when I was 7 weeks.. We'd never got as far as seeing a heartbeat before.

I had an amazing pregnancy and loved every second - James is now 9 weeks old.. :lol:

xxxxxxxxxx

We had been TTC for 8 months with Jack, i'd only been on the pill for 11 months previously and had never taken it before that but I was now having really long 40+ day cycles. I read a thread in TTC about Agnus Castus and thought 'what the hell'. The first month I took it my cycle droped to 30 days and the following month I got my BFP!!

With this pregnancy I came off the pill in April 2012 and took AC straight away, had a normal cycle in May and then got my BFP in June so only 2 months trying this time! So now i'm a massive fan of Agnus Castus!!

We got this BFP on Jack's 1st Birthday which was fab! :) x

Such lovely stories!

After my mc in the October before, hubby and I decided to NTNP and see what happened. I did a cheapie test on the Sunday night 4 days before AF was due and it was negative. Similar to Kellybean, when I emptied the bin it had a second faint line on it. But I didn't want to get my hopes up as I thought it could well be a evap line.

It gets to the Wednesday, 8th Feb, my late Mums birthday and the first one without her. I got up in the morning and did a Clear Blue digi but didn't wait for the result, I popped it on the shelf in the bathroom and came back to bed. Said to hubby that I'd done a test and would he check. He went through to the bathroom, checked it, came back into bed and hugged me tight and told me I was pregnant :love:

Now Michael is 12 weeks old :) xxx

Aww Claire that's lovely :) present from your mum maybe :) xxxx

Aww Claire that's lovely :) present from your mum maybe :) xxxx

That's what I like to think :) Present from my Mum and a little boy so I could name him after my late Dad. It's like they got together in heaven and plotted our wee boy x

Loving these stories! I came off the pill at the end of August 2011 and we started TTC but without trying too hard. Had one AF, then when I should have had a second one, I only got random spotting. I dismissed it because I thought it was just AF taking its time to become regular again. Started to feel really tired and not hungry... just thought I was working too hard. Finally OH convinced me to get a test, so I took one and nearly pissed myself laughing hysterically/in terror when a very definite BFP came up. I was in shock because I'd been in denial and was already about 7 weeks along when I found out. And here she is, seven months old today xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back