Do I have a Big Baby ??

Foxxi

Reaction score
I took Fynn today to get weighed... He is 9 weeks old today and weighs 13lb 11ozs :shock: .. is this big for his age??? He weighed 7lb 3ozs when born.

There was a baby girl there too...she was 12 weeks old today and weighed 10lb!

What is the weight of your babies?

At 8 weeks Isaac weighed 13lb 2oz and at 10 weeks he weighed 14lb 1oz and I never thought of him as 'big', just healthy and eating well, it's more a matter of a steady pattern, any sudden extrememe weight gain or loss may indicate a problem, but babies tend to eat what they need so I certainly wouldn't worry, he's doing just great by the sounds of it :hug:

Hi hun

Fynn is just inside the 75th percentile after starting from just below the 50th at birth. My chunky munky was 50th at birth and is 98th percentile now. He went steadily up and into the 75th until 10 weeks or so then shoots up to the 98th at 12 weeks so watch out for a bit of a growth spurt :)

Tia was classified a big baby... but healthy... :)

At 8 weeks she weighted 13lbs 4oz and she was a little girl and a week younger than your little boy... At 12 weeks she was 14lbs 9oz :)

He sounds like he is a very healthy normal weight for his age and sex... :)

Phew Thanx gals.. I must admit I ws a little concerned..especially after seeing that little girl who was older than Fynn and a lot lighter!
A lesson learnt for me I think.....Not to Compare!

At 8 weeks Nathan was 13lb 13oz but he was 9lb 5oz when he was born. He weight gain started slowing down when he was around 6 months and at 10 months he now weighs 24lb, the same weight as his 2 year old sister.

cant remember at that age but willow probaby weighs about 20lb now as her weight slowed as she was getting more active but saying about weight difference Willows bud Anabell is 2 weeks younger and the size difference between is big but willow is very tall she is on the 98th percential (sp) for her height so she is very tall.

toke jayla to get weight last week and she was 11lb 8 half oz. she seems tiny now compared to ur babies!

Charlotte is 12 pounds 10 at 13 weeks but they are all so different i don't think you can compare. She was 8 pounds at birth :)

Boys tend to whack the weight on faster and more of it then girls - my son weighed 20lbs at 4 months while my daughter is a measely 12lbs, and they wre both formula fed.

Ooh sounds like real snuggly baby!
My Robbie was 8lb 9oz at birth and was weighed today 5 weeks old and he is now 11 lb 4 1/2oz, that puts him on the 75th centile which he was on at birth and i'm breast feeding too!
xx :D

Just checked my red book and Poppy was 13lb 14oz at 9 weeks and she was 7lb 2oz when she was born.

nefisher said:
Just checked my red book and Poppy was 13lb 14oz at 9 weeks and she was 7lb 2oz when she was born.

Our babies where more or less the same then at 9 weeks! I dont feel so bad now I know he's not the only chunky monkey! :D

Twinkletoesnw said:
Ooh sounds like real snuggly baby!
My Robbie was 8lb 9oz at birth and was weighed today 5 weeks old and he is now 11 lb 4 1/2oz, that puts him on the 75th centile which he was on at birth and i'm breast feeding too!
xx :D

Breastfed babies tend to pile on weight at the beginning and then level off about 3-4 months. My DD was on 75th centile and is now on 25th - weighing about 14lbs at 20 weeks (was 8lb 3.5oz when born).

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back