You are going to think there is something wrong with me but

Julia

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I am now gagging for a glass (or 6) of wine!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: Please do not think I am an alcoholic but i just love having a few on the weekend with Dh and friends...

I know it is selfish and many people would love to be in my position of having a little miracle growing inside of them but I just feel frustrated when I see my friends with a lovely big glass of vino infront of them on a hot summer's evening!!!

I would not even think of risking it, mind you! I have stayed alcohol free throughout both pregnancies :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anyone else feel like this??

Love and soft drinks,

Julia xxx

I keep fancying a larger and lime lol!
Its like one of my cravings? hahaha i havent had one though but I still want one!

I could really really have a glass of wine right now, or a lager, plus a large packet of salted peanuts...... I must confess to having the occasional glass of wine in both this and my pregnancy with Lucy... I think the odd glass is ok... but I wouldn't be having more than one every month or so.

Lea M,

It's like torture isn't it!!!

I just keep thinking about November....after the birth, i won't be having a cup of tea and a piece of toast, I will be having a glass of wine or a half of lager! HE HE! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I get really irritable on the weekends with my DH who is downing cold ciders right in front of my eyes!!!

Could someone invent a tablet in order for pregnant women to have a few drinkie-poos from time to time!?!

Julia xxx

OMG Im with you on this..
The other day when it as gorgeous weather I drove past the pub and everyone was out in the beer garden..

I realised how much I missed just a nice cold pint and a ciggie sat out in the sun in the beer garden, *sigh*

I went home, sat in my garden and had an orange juice and no ciggie...somehow wasnt the same :roll:

I knw exactly how you feel, I actually had cravings for Red wine a few weeks ago, I obviously never had any but I could have killed someone for some lol
I also love pear Cider, and my lovely OH found me some non alcoholic pear cider, it was gorgeous :D
xx

When I was in third tri, I was driving home from the hairdressers on a beautiful sunny summer afternoon. I drove past one of my pals flats, and he was walking along the street. Looking all summery and chilled. I just KNEW he was on his way to our local to sit and look at the view with a ice cold bottle of pinot grigio in front of him (and the rest of my pals).

I burst into tears! :rotfl:

The longing wassssss immense! I was so desperate to drive past my house, go to the pub and I could TASTE the wine!!!

I put it down to a craving!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm the exact same hun *drools* I have had a couple of wines with soda water but I never end up finishing it, I just like the taste once in a while :rotfl:

I would absolutely LOVE a glass of wine so you are not alone. OH took me out for my birthday on saturday and I could of murdered an alcoholic drink but stuck with coke! Like you I wouldn't even think about drinking anything remotely alcoholic.
Our bumps are worth it though! :hug:

Totally understanding how you are feeling.

I'm really missing a cold glass of white wine on a friday night, especially when it's a hot sunny day but I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since knowing I was pregnant and it's going to stay that way!

I've tried the alcohol free wine from Sainsburys and it's really nice I have to say. A good alternative as a treat.

Luckily my DH doesn't drink much so I don't have to watch him enjoy a glass of beer/wine whilst I hug my mug of tea :D

Im missing everything I cant have, alcohol (and Ive been teatotal for years!!) Pate, Mr whippy, etc etc etc, even if I have never really been fussed about it before!

when we can have it all again we wont be bothered so much you know!!

I can totally sympathise with you!! Ever since I fell pregnant Ive had the weirdest taste in my mouth meaning that all drinks taste strange. At a recent party I had a very weak shandy & it was lovely!! Didnt taste weird or anything! So the only thing that tastes good is alcohol, & I cant blooming drink it!!!!

I love the idea of a nice cold glass of wine!! I got stung when i tried to have a tiny bit though, gave me heartburn almost immediately.

I'll have to celebrate her birth with a nice bottle i think!

Although im not a wine drinker, i am dying for a cold pint of Carling and a Cheeky Vimto :rotfl:

OH has said the day i come home from hospital (after labour!) he will do me a runny egg and soldiers (i am dying for one of these at the moment lol) and a cheeky vimto

mmmmmm :rotfl:

Although im not a wine drinker, i am dying for a cold pint of Carling and a Cheeky Vimto :rotfl:

OH has said the day i come home from hospital (after labour!) he will do me a runny egg and soldiers (i am dying for one of these at the moment lol) and a cheeky vimto

mmmmmm :rotfl:

Oh I can sympathise with you all too! I could murder a bottle of white or a vodka and something or a cocktail.......
It's a bit frustrating for me when all my mates are sitting in the garden/park/beer garden downing beers/ciders/wine/cocktails and I gotta watch them at it. Never mind, I'm sure the months to November will pass quickly and I'll have a vodka haha. I've had a very small glass of wine or a half a beer but that's all. I'm not gonna put my baby's life at risk by my drinking.

It's sooooooo good to know I am not the only one desperate for a bottle of wine!!!!

A few of my friends are going to start trying for babies after the summer so I will just laugh at them at Christmas and New Year when I am back on wine again!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Baby due in November (17th) so will have a wine on the 18th!!!!!!!!!!!

Joking apart - it is soooooooo worth not drinking to know that the baby is fit and healthy!!

Julia xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back