what is wrong with me :(

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Hi ladies....

I am so terrified i just cant get excited....i am terrified of the birth.....how hard its going to be after the birth.......just everything. i have just cried for about 2 hours!!!

What is wrong with me......i should be so excited...

i am happy to be pregnant and i do want boo boo more than anything...so why am i not looking forward to being a mum?? :(

i am so worried i wont cope and am just dreading the labour....hormonal day alert.....i just feel so bad......i mean i love listening to boo boo and it makes me smile...so why am i so terrified to meet him/her :(

xxx

i get days like that hun i worry i will find it hard when baby is here or get post natal depression mostly. Its just fear of the unknown. That and pesky hormones

I think it's probably natural to feel this way, it's a massive thing you are doing, having a baby.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh Hun :hug:

It's a life changing event, of course u r gonna be terrified of it!

I have moments like that, but I just have to focus on the positives. The first time I see Pip, the first time s/he looks me in the eye, the first smile, the first words and steps.

U will be fine hunny, I think deep down we r all terrified and it's natural xx

I'm sure you'll be a great mum and that everything will be fine! It's probably the hormones messing with you!! Eat some choclate! That'll make you feel better:)

:hugs:

Oh hunnie there is nothing wrong with you, Iv been the exact same torn between being so upset cos i think something is wrong to freaking out about the birth and looking after a baby im not at all maternal and have never even changed a nappy in my life!

I spoke to a few people about it and apparently it is very common so you are definitly not alone

Iv just been trying not to think about the birth part as much as i can anyway and am planning on doing a course in hypnobirthing as I hear that helps with relaxing.

Sorry I dont have any answers to help but just wanted to let you knw your not alone :) xxx

aww hun, back in june i had a meltdown and got all wound up crying hysterically that i wont be able to cope and what if i wasnt ready. i still panic over all sorts of things now like money and sleep and knowing what to do and when but it is all natural and it is your hormones!! you want your little bundle and once it arrives you will naturally be brill

Hormones hun :hug: Everything will be just fine. Don't let things get on top of you though, we're all here if you need a rant :friends: xx

its the hormones, but think its natural to worry! its the start of being a parent i think! we will be worrying for the rest of our lives! x

lol i actually dont even think about labour and birth and beyond. i just assume it will be fine. i worry about tomorrow and the next day and whether baby will be fine or i will be sick.

dont worry hun, its totally normal to be scared, think we all are. Hormones prob just making things seem scary, just remember what we get at the end, it will all be worth it and you will be a great mum :) xxx

Awh Hun we are here for u! Just think how happy u will be with ur baby xx

Last edited:
everything has just got on top of me tonight....work is sooooo stressful and then there;s the wedding and then the baby............just too much..

but i will be fine...work is the worst bit, everything else is good stress x

I am dreading everything too, I think we're all a bit frightened, particularly first time mummies. I am a bundle of fears, insecurities and paranoia!

awww hun you will be perfectly fine :hugs:

I think we all have that stage of fear at some point in pregnancys so don't worry its not just you

xx

It's a scary life changing time. But...as soon as they are in our arms we will all instantly be in love. Yes it will be hard work but hey, our parents did it alright. :) I'm sure we will all have support from friends and family and from people on here. I have days like this, but it will be worth it in the end Hun!xx

You would think after 5yrs ttcing i would be well ready for this by now. However, just the other day i had slight nervy jitters about being a mum. Will i be any good? how will i cope with going back to work and a possibility of missing everything? For now the birth part doesn't bother me, up until now i have just been hoping little Chip and I make it that far.

Hormones have a lot to answer for so we can blame them for our little worry episodes, I am!

xx

Totally normal to feel that way. I have to admit I'm burying my head in the sand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back