yoga and pilates classes/dvd

k8_005

Reaction score
Have any of you done or doing them what is a normal price of looked on Google and it seems around 9 pound a class and you have to pay up front for 6-8 weeks seems a lot to me iv never done it before n would like to try one class before signing up to loads especially as I do shift work I cannot always make same time or plabce weekly. I'm starting to wonder. If I should look into a dvd if any of you have DVDs that have been useful what ones are they I'd rather buy recommended thanks ladies xx ps Im 18 weeks if that makes any difference x

Ive been doing pilates for 3 months, and found it really helpful. Thoroughly recommend it. That said, this will be my last month as i am as big as a nearly full term mum now with twins, and the only exercises i can manage these days are the very simple ones. Swimming has taken the place of pilates for me :)
Also, doing a class specific to pregnancy helps you meet other expectant mums, and was partly the reason i started to begin with :) x

Forget to add, i pay €10 a class, twice a week, but i am guessing that is different in the Uk ;)

Thanks ladies did you go to one friends had recommended or find your own one friend said it's usually cheaper at village halls than gyms so il have a look at local notice board too x

Ive been doing pilates recommended by the hosptial because i suffer from Pelvic Girdle Pain. Its with a physiotherapist .

I'm doing pregnancy yoga at a local village hall for £8 a lesson. I also pay for a term at a time in advance. You could ask if you can do a taster class or pay as you go while the term finishes if there's space to see if you like it?

I love it - after yoga was the only time i didn't feel big and uncomfortable for a long time and now it's really helping me find comfortable positions to sit in, ease backache and pelvic pain, and they give you good positions and techniques for labour too. We also have 20 minutes relaxation time as well which I'd never take time out to do myself!

I had pregnancy yoga dvds during my last pregnancy but found I didn't do them regularly enough so didn't get as much out of them. They were quite good though.

I found some free videos on youtube that might be worth a look if you want something cheap (ie free!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back