Yikes!

Any news yorklass? You must be desperate to meet your baby now? I was in slow labour for a week so know how it feels with false starts, so annoying. You get so excited and then it stops x

I hope you have had a baby or are at least close to Yorkslass! xxxx

Long time coming, but we have a girlie called Rowan :)
Things started properly 3am Wednesday - contractions slowly increasing throughout the day. Had a long nap in the afternoon, and when I woke, felt like the baby's movements were reduced. Called in and the lgi agreed to check us out - of course, baby was moving fine by the time we got there! Lgi gave us the option to stay in and potter about there in labour and it was a good thong we did, as the hospital shut to admissions again shortly,after! All in all it was the birth I wanted - did it all on a tens machine and then after waters started to go at about 5cm, got referred to delivery and got a birthing pool! Labouring in the pool was fantastic - what a difference! The last part with the head coming down and all the pressure was very difficult though.
And then it went completely downhill from there! Got a 2nd degree tear from the head coming too fast, but that was only the start... Had a little skin to skin bonding as mw tried to get the placenta out, and we weren't having much luck with it. Next thing I know, there's a massive haemorrhage and about 7 docs rush in and I get taken off to theatre for a 2 hr operation, much to the horror of my partner who had to watch the whole thing with our babe in his arms. I know little of what happened and he won't tell me o.o
Apparently I lost 1.4 litres of blood (which according to partner, they put in a large bucket o.o)
Seems the placenta had broken up a bit and left membranes which had to be dealt with and caused all the bleeding.
So missed out on a lot of valuable skin to skin and initial feeding, still pretty weak and only just able to stand what with the epidural I suddenly had to have and all that... But we're gradually catching up. Persisting with trying to feed! ;-)

Last edited:
Congratulations!
Sorry you took a turn for the worst, wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Ah congratulations! Beautiful name!
Hope you're ok... What a nightmare. Worth it for that little bundle though, I'd imagine.
Will look forward to photos if you decide to put some up. Other things to think about now.
Speedy recovery! Xxxx

I haven't took a single photo yet :-( was only allowed to get out of bed after lunchtime and then just went all dizzy dammit. I've just about figured out how to extract her from the crib for a cuddle, she's very calm though, probably very tired today... Although they do say water births are very calm babies! Partner helps out of course, been brilliant throughout,but I forced him to go home for some sleep ;-)

Congratulations Yorklass, lovely name. Its a shame it ended the way it did . Hope you soon make up with the skin to skin for the little bit time you missed xx

I also lost over a little in theatre and they rushed baby of so I missed alot of skin to skin time. I'm sure your make up for it now though, looking forward to seeing some pics xx congratulations xx

That's fab you got the birth you hoped for but the aftermath sounds rubbish for you. But congratulations chick! Hopefully lots of cuddles & skin to skin now for you both. Rest up & enjoy xx

Aww congratulations yorkslass. Sounds a nightmare in the end. My friend has a post partum haemorrhage and needed a blood transfusion. She's now pregnant with her second so you will forget! I wish you a speedy recovery

Congratulations, what a lovely name so glad sh has arrived for you.
Sorry you went through such a traumatic delivery, glad you are both safe and on the mend x

Huge congratulations!! Gorgeous name. Hope your recovery is speedy xx

Oh my gosh what a story. A huge huge congratulations though. So happy for you getting your water birth in the end. Hope ypure getting all your cuddles and dont worry youll make up ypur skin to skin :) cant wait for pics of ypur gorgeous girl :)

Oh Congrats on your baby! Sorry about the trauma though :(

Hope you're ok.

Just caught up with this. CONGRATULATIONS! Beautiful name xx

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yay, she's finally arrived.
Huge congratulations and such a beautiful name xx

Big congratulations yorkslass...hope you have a speedy recovery x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics