Yay! Help

toni64539

Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaay. I never thought I'd be here. Just got my bfp this morning after 9 months trying!

Just wondering if anyone could give me some tips, like a list of foods and drinks in not allowed to have or general things I'm not allowed to do?!

Thank you in advance!

start taking folic acid if you havent already started :) congratulations

Thanks miss. Very helpful. Been taking folic acid since January midnight, lol, so think I'm ok on that front :D

Congratulations! Felt like only yesterday I got mine! Start by taking folic acid :) I imagine if youve been trying for 9 months youve already been taking it. Obviously eat healthy but no need to go over kill. I havent lol KFC all the way lol. Rest lots. Drink plenty. Avoid runny eggs completely. You can eat some cheeses but no blue cheese. No home made moyanaise. If your an active person then keep it up. I do lots of walking and ive been doing lots since being pregnant. Erm..... what else.......*thinks* Dont go buying a doppler till about 16 weeks. As tempting as it is its not worth it because you wont find baby and if you do it would be your own heartbeat. Midwifes wont check until gone 16 weeks anyway and they use top range ones. Just keep doing what your doing. To keep iron levels good then make sure than you eat lots of citrus fruits as they contain brilliant amounts of iron. I wouldnt bother with all that pregnacare stuff. My midwife said if your relativly healthy then folic acid is all you need. You may get loads of head aches I certainly did. You can take paracetamol no problems but nothing stronger unless DR prescribes it.

Most importantly. Just enjoy your pregnancy. Dont worry the whole time like I did.

xxx

Hiya!

Congrats again! From what i've experienced in the past 5 weeks since getting my BFP is that i've gone off of all sorts of food (even my favourites). Your best bet is to eat well while you're not feeling sick because if you do suffer from nausea/sickness you'll just be eating whatever you can keep down. I don't think i've eaten a piece of fruit or veg in about 2 weeks, i've been living off of bread and cereal! Only today have I been feeling 'normal' enough to cook a meal so tonight we're having chicken in creamy mushroom sauce & rice.

Having said that you could feel completly fine and sail through Tri1! It really is just a case of seeing how you feel each day!

Oh welcome to Tri1! :)

xxx

xxx

Wow, congratualtions!
Ive eaten most of the stuff on the 'banned' list, and my doctor said not too worry too much, just relax, as that is better for the baby, than worrying if eggs are cooked properly! I may just be a bit too laid back though, lol!
Welcome to Tri 1!
xxxxx

Thank you so much ladies. You've deffinately made me feel welcome. Really good tips and advice to so thank you very much!!!! X

Congratulations and welcome :) I'd just say that you might find you are shockingly tired during tri one, no matter how much sleep you get you feel like a zombie - so don't feel guilty for getting plently of rest! Just take it one day at a time, expect lots of aches and niggles and try not to worry about them too much!! xx

Congratulations and welcome :) I'd just say that you might find you are shockingly tired during tri one, no matter how much sleep you get you feel like a zombie - so don't feel guilty for getting plently of rest! Just take it one day at a time, expect lots of aches and niggles and try not to worry about them too much!! xx

yep i second that! I think an important thing is to try not to worry about the niggles and twinges as everyone gets them and just try to relax and rest as much as possible.

Also if you start taking pregnancy vitamins i wouldnt recommend pregnacare! They made me and a few others feel very sick - but i guess they affect everyone differently.

Congrats and welcome! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back